Chapter 18 (The land of Waves)

Yuichi POV

Kaka-sensei tied the demon brothers to a nearby tree "Chunin from the Village Hidden in the Mist. These guys are known for continuing to fight no matter the sacrifices."

"How were you able to detect our movements?" One of them asks.

"How can there be puddles of water if it hasn't rained in days?" I ask back.

"Knowing that, why'd you leave it to the kids to fight?" Tazuna-san ask. 

"I want to know who the target of the enemies was," Kaka-sensei says while glancing at Tazuna-san. 'Uh oh, he knows '

"Hm, what do you mean?" Tazuna-san asks, nervously.

"We didn't hear anything about ninjas targeting you. The content of the request was supposed to just be protection from gangs, thieves, and the like. This is a mission with a B rank or higher. This request was supposed to be for backup protection until you finished building your bridge. If our enemies were to be ninjas, the mission would've been estimated without question as an "expensive" B-rank mission. It appears there's some kind of good reason, but being lied to in a request won't do. This is beyond the scope of our mission" Kaka-sensei explains. 

"This mission is too soon for us. Let's give up" Sakura-nee says. 

"We have to return to the village and report to the Hokage," Kaka-sensei says.

"Then let me do the mission," I say. Kaka-sensei and my team look at me in shock "Huh, Yui, didn't you just hear what I just said?" Sakura-nee asks (more like screech), still in shock. I ignore her. "I've done a much more dangerous mission than B rank, so let me do it."

"That means you'll do the mission alone." (Kaka-sensei)

"I have Kuro and the others" (me)

"But this time you have a team, Yuichi. You can't be selfish" (Kaka-sensei)

"But if we don't do this mission, then he'll--" I got cut off by a hand on my head. "That's enough Yuichi. I'll just find another way. You don't have to stress yourself with our problem" Tazuna-san says. "But--" I got cut off, again. 

"*Sigh* Fine we'll do the mission" 

"HUH," Menma, Sasuke, and Sakura-nee ask in shock.

"By the look of it, this mission has something to do with Yuichi being absent for a month. And she'll explain everything when we got to our destination, right Yuichi?" Kaka-sensei asks while glancing at me.

"I promise"

Time skip

We left the demon brothers tied up and continued our way to The Land Of Waves. The closer we get, the foggier and less sunny it is out here. Then, we all stop at a dock where a boat with a driver waits for us. 

The sitting arrangement is Sasuke at the front, Menma behind Sasuke, and Sakura-nee is the same but opposite side. Kaka-sensei is behind Sakura-nee and I'm behind Menma. Tazuna-san is at the back. 

"The fog's so thick, you can't see anything," Sakura-nee says while looking around.

After an hour (I think) of just seeing fogs, we finally see the unfinished bridge with loads of construction on it.

"Whoa, it's huge" Sasuke yells

"Be quiet" Said the driver. "I told you no noise. Why do you think we're traveling like this? Cutting off the engine and rowing. Moving through the dense fog so they can't see us." The driver scolded.