89 | brimere route

Start from the beginning

I hold onto the small shard I gathered from earlier then dig the sharp object straight into his thigh. A yelp escapes his mouth, and he finally releases his hold on my hair when he drops down on his knees. Addison gasps in shock as I finally lift my weight from the floor and stand up.

Seeing that another window of an opportunity has opened, I push him away from me and clenching my fist I gather up all the strength I can muster before landing a hit across his face.

"Did that hurt?" I yell. "Did that fucking hurt asshole? Answer me!"

A slap lands across his face and his cheek turns bloody red from how hard I hit him. I slap him with the same relentless pace he was hitting me a few seconds ago until his face swells and bruises. I can physically feel his skin change from healthily smooth texture to a raw and sweaty one. Violence feeds into violence and in this moment I'm grateful having allowed my instincts to take possession over me.

He's overly distracted by the pain on his thigh and all those excruciating sensations running through his body at the same time, so I just leave him be. Pulling the shard from his leg is going to result in him losing more blood and that can be detrimental to both of us. Meanwhile, Addison is just standing there as she always has on the sidelines. Watching from a safe distance. Observing.

I give her a nod and she doesn't say anything back, so I pick up the medicine bag from the floor and limp on my way out of the men's room.

Everybody is busy drinking and having a good time, so thankfully nobody is paying any attention to me. Nobody notices the blood running from my cut on the back of my thigh, leaving a small trail on the floors. Also, Carson is too busy talking to her boyfriend, so she doesn't notice me leaving through the front door.

The air is refreshingly cold as it cools down the fever that has been torching my entire body. I can feel the adrenaline starting to wear off and that's a bad sign because that only means the pain will settle in soon. Suddenly, it feels as though everything is spinning and a jittery feel has overtaken my limbs yet somehow, I'm as alert as a hawk; my blood pressure must be over the roof.

I'm pacing right across the street where I notice the lights are on in a payphone. It's not until I rip the door open that I finally realize that somebody is already using it.

"Sorry," I mutter under my breath then turn around when a strong arm grabs mine. I focus my gaze on the person inside only to see a black-eyed Yoongi.

"What are you doing here?" He puts an arm on the door to keep it open when his gaze falls on my injured leg. "What the hell happened to you? Your hair—"

"Yoongi," His name leaves my mouth in a weary gasp before I wrap my arms around him. "I'm so happy you're okay."

I think he's caught off guard at my sudden hug, because his arms are hanging midair for a while, but then he hugs me tightly and the door shuts behind me.

"I brought you some medicine." I finally say as I hand him the paper bag. "Carson told me you were in a bad shape."

"You should see your boyfriend," he grins.

My hands find his and I raise it up to my view only to earn a pained groan from his side. His knuckles are covered in purple and blue hues. There's a scratch on his left eyebrow and a small cut on his jaw that will leave a permanent mark. Soon enough, he withdraws his hands from my hold, and he brings down an ice pack that was sitting right on top of the payphone.

"I'm alright." He mumbles as he spins me around to examine the wound on my thigh. His grip tightens on my arms. "I'll fucking kill him."

"No, it wasn't Elijah."