89 | brimere route

Disclaimer: This chapter contains sensitive and graphic themes of violence, blood, heavy (like really heavy) injuries. If you can't handle such topics feel free to skip this one out.

Nox

Three years ago on New Years...

Cam's hands reach behind my neck, angry and hellbent on hurting me. He tugs onto my hair so tightly I think he's going to rip it out of my scalp when he forces me to look up to him.

His movements are brutal, animalistic even as he manhandles me. My eyes close on their own accord and that's when I can feel him; ever so gently, running his thumb over my bottom lip.

The first thought that intrudes my headspace is to dig my teeth into his filthy finger until I separate it from his body, but then my system shuts down as I think to myself that it's only going to hurt more if I show any signs of resistance. It hurt with Elijah after all, so there's no doubt in my mind that Cam is set on making me suffer even further if I attempt to fight him off.

"Cam, this is not right." Addison's voice is small, weak, but loud enough to make me open my eyes to see something glimmering from the corner of my eye.

I focus my gaze on the long shard hanging from the edge of the sink and a plan formulates on my mind. "She's not involved in all this." She adds. "We will find Yoongi and we will make him pay, but not like this."

Cam averts his attention for a slight second and I can feel his grip loosen around my hair. He turns to her with a menacing grin as he holds me in place with his stiff grip on my hair.

Her gaze falls on me and she gives me a small nod before looking over at the sliver sitting on the sink. I'm not sure if my fight or flight instinct has kicked in or if I've lost a lot of blood, but I think Addison is sending me a signal to act quickly.

"Why must you always take the fun out of everything Addison?" He groans tiredly and he tightens his grip around my hair irritated. "You're starting to get soft."

"All I'm saying is that if you hurt her, you're no different from that fucker who took advantage of Hayden. You can fuck her for all I care and let her bleed out in this filthy bathroom." She says nonchalantly then shoves her hands in her pockets. "It's not like we're going to gain something out of this other than you getting your dick wet."

"Perhaps, you'd like to join in." He suggests with a smirk. "Then we'll both gain something out of this. She's very fucking pretty, isn't she?" He releases some length from my hair when he sees that I'm not responding in any way, but his hold on it is still strong.

He then drags a finger over my jawline, and I want to cut it off along with the rest of his hand, but I try my best to keep my cool. "Aren't you tired of seeing Elijah, the man you've yearned for years fall head over heels for this piece of ass in a little over a month? He's had her countless and countless of times while you stood there on the sidelines waiting for him to come to you.

"I was watching you Addison, while you watched him have the time of his life with her. I was watching you waiting for her to fuck it up, just so that you could show up and save the day. And one day, you saw her with that junkie in the library and then you caught her after the game, hiding with that son of a bitch under the bleachers. You finally got what you wanted; evidence that Nox Ellison is a cheating cunt and even after telling Elijah, you're still here Addison."

He looks away from me and that's when I find a window of an opportunity to quietly slide the sliver from the edge of the sink under my hoodie sleeve when he pulls me abruptly to face her, "On the fucking sidelines." Addison doesn't move or say anything when Cam continues, "Don't you want to be his equal?"