Chapter 25

6 months later

Life has been going pretty smoothly for DeAndre and Desiree, they've been working nonstop on their communication and it's been perfect for the most part.

Taylin proposed to Taylor and they recently decided on a date, it's all the way next year. Desiree was super excited for them, she truly loved Taylor she believed the 2 were perfect for each other.

Nobody has seen Slim in a while, she kind of just disappeared from the ends of the Earth, everyone else has been cool though.

Some super exciting news is that Desi had just locked down on a shop location about a month ago. She's been shopping for the inside for a while now. 

She's been having meetings for employees and so far she's found a few to help her out.

She and DeAndre are currently at her house watching tv, he's laid between her legs with his head on her lower abdomen.

"You might as well move in" he spoke as she rubbed his head. She looked down at him before looking back down at the tv with a shrug.

"You ready for that," she asked him.

"I want to live with you now, you my li yea yea. You be hating when I say dat shit but we don't know how much time we have" he sighed and she sucked her teeth. She absolutely hated when he said shit like that, like just live life.

"We can" she shrugged dismissing the other part, he knew it'd just turn into an argument.

"I want us to get our own place together if we do" she said and he nodded.

"What's that one sound on TikTok; might as well, either im always at yo house or you always at my house" he shrugged making her laugh.

"I should've never introduced you to TikTok" Desiree shook her head laughing at him.

They sat in silence just watching the movie, they were watching The Man From Toronto on Netflix. It was pretty good, Desi was surprised she liked it since she wasn't the biggest fan of action movies.

"Babe my birthday is coming up" Desiree smiled thinking about her 19th birthday.

"Yo ass still young" he shook his head making her roll her eyes.

"I don't care, I'm so excited" she squealed. Her birthday was in 2 weeks so it was truly right around the corner.

DeAndre was going to be throwing her a surprise party at this restaurant he had rented out. Everything was already planned.

"What you want" he asked her and she just shrugged.

"Nothing much, i do want those shoes that you just got" she snapped her fingers,

"The Bart Simpson dunks" he asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah those," she nodded.

"Yo ass ain't even like shoes for real when i first started fucking wit you. Now yo ass tryna be like me getting all the new Jordans and shit" he shook his head.

"You be buying all my sneakers not me. You buy me shoes every time you buy yourself some" she shook her head.

"I woulda got you them but they ain't have yo size in stock" he told her and she nodded.

"You wanna look at houses" she asked him and he looked up at her from the tv.

"Yo ass thirsty" he shook his head and she shrugged before she grabbed her phone.

"Where do you even wanna live" she asked him, she was glad Houston had so many living options.

"Renting or buying" he asked.