Chapter 13

Omniscient

"Where are we at?" Desiree asked DeAndre and he looked over at her for a second. Today was the day he was telling her about his line of business. He knew he had to, it's either that or she'd find out on her own and leave him that way.

"Come on" he spoke getting out the car and she got out also. He walked around to the passenger side and gave her a kiss on her cheek. He then grabbed her hand.

"This where my business shit happen" he told her and she nodded looking outside the house. It was a decent sized house, it looked a bit nasty on the outside but she wasn't gonna say that aloud.

They walked up to the door and Desi automatically frowned when she was met with the heavy smell of weed.

"Oh no" she shook her head removing her hand from his.

"My fault, come on" he spoke grabbing her hand, he led her through the house and took her to the basement.

Desiree kept silent as they walked downstairs.

"I sell drugs" he said with a straight face, she instantly looked up at him as he let her hand go. He walked over to a box and showed her a bag of marijuana.

"What?" She asked dumbly.

"Ian gone beg you ta stay wit me, door right there" he told her and she just looked at him.

"That's illegal" she told him frowning.

"Nah it's illegal," he mugged her nonchalantly. He had this conversation a million times in his head. He had to close himself off, there was no other choice.

"I umm," she looked around the basement. She gasped when she saw a empty chair, it had blood surrounding it.

"Why are you telling me this?" She asked him.

"If you wanna leave go, you innocent. That's what i like about you, ion wanna ever take that from you" he said seriously.

"Tianna you can't tell nobody bout this. Wether you leave or stay" he told her walking up to her.

"Can you please take me home?" She asked him and he licked his lips and nodded.

He had no reason to sugarcoat what he does, he wasn't ashamed of it. Why would he be?

*
*
*

DeAndre sucked his teeth as her phone went straight to voicemail again.

It's been 3 days since he's spoken with Desiree. She was avoiding him and he ain't know why. Well he knew but he didn't understand why they couldn't just talk the shit out. Especially since she be the main one talking bout communication and shit.

To say he was pissed was a understatement. Everyone had told him to just be patient with her. That she wasn't used to this lifestyle. But that went in one ear and out the other.

He didn't like giving her space, that was his girl. He wanted to be with her. Fuck a space. He knew exactly what the fuck 'space' was, it was a reason for the couple to do them, and he not letting ha do what she wanna do. Fuck allat otha rara.

He sucked his teeth as he walked inside her apartment building, he had decided to call her one more time before he came inside.

He knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" She yelled and he just knocked again. She slowly opened the door and he pushed his way inside.

"Ayy what up wit you dawg" he asked her looking around her apartment. She had gotten more furniture since the last time he was here.