Chapter 4

"What time am i picking you up" i asked Maddy, i was currently dropping her off at practice

"Umm 8" she told me and i nodded as she closed the door. I waited for her to get inside the building before pulling off.

I put on Girl like Me by Jazmine Sullivan and H.E.R as i drove to the corner store.

Yeah, I made a profile on Tinder
Since you left me to be with her
I think that means I'm gettin' desperate
Wish I could return to sender
But you don't love me no more
And I don't even know what for (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Knew it was real when you blocked me
Now I sit at home judgin' my body
Wondering what I did to lose you (what I did to lose you)
Why in the hell you ain't choose me?
Why you don't love me no more? (Yeah)
And I don't even know what for (nah, ah-ah)

"You must've wanted something different still don't know what I was missing what you asked I would've given it ain't right how these girls be winnin why they be winnin" i mumbled along to the lyrics as i pulled into the gas station lot.

One thing about me is I LOVED me some Jazmine Sullivan.

I grabbed my purse before locking my car door, i made my way up to the store with my head in my phone. Once i made it inside i grabbed a water bottle, and a chewy protein bar before making my way to the counter.

"Hi can i have this and then $30 on pump 2" i said to the cashier searching for my card inside my wallet.

"Hmm, and lemme get a red pack of swishers" i heard someone say as i pulled the card out of my wallet.

I came face to face with Meech making me frown, the cashier grabbed the cigars from behind the counter.

"I got it but thank you" i smiled at him and he sucked his teeth.

"Take it and keep it pushing" he told me grabbing his cigars, he walked outside the store and i frowned.

"Thank you" i said to the cashier who nodded, i made my way outside to my car.

"Unlock it" he told me, i unlocked my car door and opened the thing for him to pump my gas.

"Thank you" i said to him and he looked at me.

"You already said that" he told me making me smile.

"Oh well I'm saying it again then" i shrugged as i waited for him to finish pumping my gas.

"You just gone sit there" he asked me.

"You are pumping my gas" I retorted and he just looked at me just as the gas finished.