Chapter 24

Desiree blew out a huff of air as someone knocked on her door, she had just laid down. She enjoyed the time she spent with her family earlier today.

She loved spending time with those she loved, especially now that she's moved out and on her own. She doesn't see them as much as she used too, so she always looked forward to seeing them.

She walked out her room and headed to her front door, she looked through the hole and was met with DeAndre. A very high one.

"Dre" she asked, a confused expression on her face, opening the door for him, he looked at her.

"Can I come in" he asked her, she looked at his red eyes before opening the front door. He made his way inside and sat on her couch. She followed him standing behind the other couch with her arms folded.

"I'm sorry" he spoke avoiding eye contact with her.

She just looked at him with a blank expression on her face.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it DeAndre" she told him sitting down on the couch.

"I know," he nodded.

"What happened" she asked him crossing her legs over one another. She watched him intensely as he sucked in a breath.

He ran his hands down his face while looking down.

"I wanna apologize fa my part, I know I was talking bout communication and shit and this week showed me not taking part innat. I been going through a lot of shit" he shook his head.

"I told you my pops died some days after my birthday, I been distant fa that reason" he spoke looking at her.

"I'm sorry your going through that," she told him taking the empty seat next to him.

She wanted to be upset with him but she looked at how vulnerable he was in front of her and her heart had broken for him.

He nodded as she began to rub his back.

"That still doesn't excuse the fact that you haven't talked to me in a week" she told him pointedly and he looked back at her.

"I'm sorry" he told her grabbing her hand.

"Mhm" she rolled her eyes.

"DeAndre I care for you, a lot. But I'm not going to do this with you, I refuse to wait around while you do whatever. That was not cool on your end, I do understand you needed time to yourself but that day you really made me mad. You have all the right to be upset with life but I will never ever allow you to disrespect me. I care about myself way too much and I won't let that happen" she told him looking him dead in his eyes.

He went quiet for a minute while the 2 just looked at each other.

"I'm sorry mama" he told her softly, she looked at him.

She wrapped her arms around his back and gave him a hug, they hugged for a while just dwelling in the silence.

"What's Slim problem" she asked him randomly.

"Her ass" he shook his head and she pulled from the hug.

"What" she asked him.

"She do too much fa no reason" he shrugged shaking his head.

"That one day she was like we seen off then she gone offer Ace up to me" Desiree shook her head rolling her eyes.

"What you mean" he asked her.

"She was like if you ain't feeling it, you, Ace been tryna holla at me" Desiree told him with a shake of her head.

"Weird shit, her ass do too fucking much" he shook his head.