(28) Monty

(Sorry for being gone for so long! I know this is a short chapter but I'm gonna post another one tomorrow)

Instead of feeling the expected cold hand I'm left with only the feeling of the rough floor.

Hesitantly, I roll over onto my back, sitting up slightly I see Djmm has a hold on Monty.  I quickly push myself off the floor but am unsure of what to do afterwards.

DJ seemed to have noticed this as he speaks up, "you can get the last switch Pumpkin, I'll get him back to parts and services."

I nod in response, muttering out a quick thank you before turning around in search for the switch. Although DJ has Monty, his main body is still roaming so I have to be careful.

As I walk away I am able to hear and slightly feel footsteps heading away from me, footsteps much heavier than mine.

The realization that I almost died washes over me as I reach the switch that seemed so hard to find minutes ago. And as much as I'd like to break down crying, I need to help that kid get out of here safely, at all costs.

I collect myself, taking a deep breath and pulling the lever, the last one. The lights in the area all come on and I realize that I'd have to get back to parts and services by myself. It'd take awhile without running but I feel so drained that I stick with just walking.

If I don't survive the night nothing will be done about Vanessa, and there I can't let someone else be hurt. Sucking it up I keep a fast pace when walking back to the others. Which took around fifteen minutes, not ideal but it's how it worked out.

As I enter the concrete room I notice that everyone but DJ and Monty have left, although Monty is definitely trying to leave, he's much more aggressive this time that last time. Instead of announcing my presence I keep quiet to see if Monty will keep his focus on DJ while I turn his power off.

And surprisingly it works, DJ letting go of the huge alligator as soon as he turned off. "Did he hurt you at all?" He questions, his voice showing genuine concern.

"No, I just tripped, I'm sure he would have if you didn't show up," I tell him as I set up the tablet once again, connecting it to Monty. "Did he give you any scratches? I saw him swinging at you before I came in."

"No, I'm all good," he smiles reassuringly.

"Since we have Monty and Roxy taken care of, we just need to take care of Chica, Sun and Moon, and your main body," I tell him leaning against the wall of the protective cylinder.

"Do we have a plan to fix my body?" Dj asks, his eyes staying on me.

I don't answer but look up at him, trying to think of how we could even get his body to stay still enough for me to turn him off. "I don't know, I have to figure that out still, somehow jump onto it and turn it off?" I could easily die from attempting to do that.

He doesn't respond so I look down at the tablet to see if Monty is close to being done. It has a minute left.

I stand up straight and walk to Monty's side. Tapping my foot I watch the tablet as it soon says complete. I unplug Monty from the machine and turn him back on but as with Roxy it'll take a minute for him to turn on.

I look over to Dj only to be pushed against the thick glass of the protective cylinder, a hand on my neck. I feel the arm leave my lung as I drop the tablet and try to push the hand off of my neck. I look over to where Dj was to ask for help before I realize that he is the one choking me.

I grip his arm tightly trying to pull it off still. My grip eventually flattens as I start to scratch at him to get him off, avoiding eye contact with the huge animatronic holding me. It can't actually be Dj, he wouldn't do that to me right? He loves me.

My vision starts to flicker, going in and out as tears start to spill from my eyes to my cheeks, leaving a trail as they travel down. I close my eyes, stopping my efforts to escape. I didn't ever think that I would die at the hands of something I created. I guess it serves me right for falling in love with a robot.

After what feels like a century I hear Monty's voice. I can't make out what he's saying but it's definitely him. I open my eyes to try and see what's going. With blurred vision I can't see much other than a green blob, which I assume is Monty trying to pull Dj off of me.

My vision goes black.