(24) Daycare

(Sorry this chapter took so long, and it isn't even as long as I planned it to be life is just crazy right now)

Finally after a few hours we hear the announcement we were waiting for. Freddy Fazbear's pizza plex is officially closed. 

"Are you coming with me?" I get up from my spot on the floor. 

"I don't know, I might be to much of a distraction," DJ answers with a smirk, following my actions and getting up from the floor. 

"Dumbass, this is important," I roll my eyes at his response, "come on, we need to get down there as quickly as possible."

I guide DJ out the door and down the hallway to the dancefloor. We spot his original body, it's sleeping. "Can you still feel your other body?"

DJ has to bend slightly to fit in the elevator, "yeah, just don't have to move it right now."

We remain silent while the elevator goes down all the way until the doors open revealing the lobby. Almost instantly we spot Chica, who should be in her room. 

"Why is she out of her room?" I ask, not really to anyone. Her head snaps in our direction before she quickly starts making her way up the stairs directly towards me and DJ. 

I let out a gasp as I feel fear coursing throughout my body, completely consuming me. DJ takes notice of this and grabs my wrist pulling me quickly into the daycare. 

Thankfully Chica doesn't follow us, I'm not completely sure why she didn't follow considering we didn't really block the door or anything but I'm thankful that she didn't. 

"Fuck," I pull at my hair trying to think of a new plan. 

"(Y/n)," DJ says softly trying to get my attention. 

Instead of acknowledging him I sit on the cold floor, knees pushed against my chest. "I don't know why Chica is acting like that," I mutter. 

"It could be the same thing that's been messing with Monty," DJ suggests. Now that caught my attention. It could be, and if it is I know how to deal with it. I should be able to use the same thing I thing I used for Monty yesterday. I just have to get my tablet, which should be back at the dancefloor, shit. 

"We need to go back, I need to get my work tablet and we need to get the other animatronics down to parts and services one at a time," I explain to DJ. 

He nods before we hear the heavy footsteps of another animatronic. I freeze. Is it Chica? Would it be any better if it were another animatronic? I don't know how Freddy or Roxy are doing and Monty could have been infected again.

My thoughts are interrupted by they door slamming open and I loose track of my thoughts. My mind only focused on the pounding of my heart and the intrusive thoughts of what could happen if I don't move, and yet I still don't. 

DJ stands up and looks towards the source of the footsteps. I muster up enough willpower to actually turn my head to see who it is.  Freddy. 

He ignores us and goes down the stairs to the daycare. I don't feel as threatened anymore. With a sigh of relief I stand up as well. DJ looks down at me so I speak up, "should we see what he's doing?"