Chapter 36

..Ruths POV..

As I'm putting some new books away my phone starts ringing, "Hey sweetie how are you?" It was Amber, Jennas baby girl. "Hi aunt Ruth, I'm okay. I miss mommy." she says. I feel my heart breaking for my little niece. She didn't deserve to get her mom taken away from her too soon.

They deserved more time together, "I'm sorry sweetie, I miss her too" I say trying to stop the tears from falling. "When we'll you visit me Aunt Ruth?" Amber asks, "this weekend sweetie, Blake and I are going to spend one whole week with you" I say trying to cheer her up. "We'll get ice cream, shop for new clothes, go to the park, and watch movies" I tell her.

I hear her cheerfully squeal, "oooh can we go also buy candy?" she asks, I chuckle lightly. "of course, sweetie" I tell her. Amber and I talk for a little while longer before she has to go. I say goodbye to her before telling her I love her so much. As I stand there with a book in my hand, I feel like crying.

I miss my aunt Jenna so much, why did he take her so soon from me? It wasn't her time to leave yet, she still had to watch her daughter grow up, get married, graduate, go to her first prom. It's not fair. I place the book down and walk to the small room in the back of the bookstore. I close the door and lean my forehead against the cold wall.

I feel the warm tears roll down my cheek, "Jenna, I miss you so much..." I whisper hoping she'll hear me. "Amber misses you. We both do" I whisper sitting on the floor. I cover my mouth while I sob into my hand. I have to get my shit together, I'm at work for the love of God. I try taking deep breaths, but it doesn't work, I feel my heartbeat speeding up, and the room feeling small.

Fuck please calm down Ruth, right now is not the time. I close my eyes and take a big deep breath, "breath Ruth it's okay..." I hear Jenna's voice say. Then I feel a light pressure on my shoulder. I smile as I see my aunt Jenna. Her bright smile plastered on her face, "breath honey I'm still by your side, I'm watching over you and Amber. Stay strong" I hear her lightly say.

I open my eyes and feel calmer, I smile as I look up. Jenna is still here, even if I can't see her. She will always be by my side; she'll taken care of me. Just how she promised me, she will always watch over me and be by my side. 

~*~

Its finally time to close the bookstore, Nora left a while ago since she wasn't feeling pretty well. Everyone else just left a couple minutes ago, as I close the door to the bookstore, I feel someone tap my shoulder. I turn around and see a young woman standing in front of me, "Oh hii" I say turning around to face her, I see she's wearing a dirty worn-out sweater, and some dirty sweats, "Do you have any food you can give me? I'm starving" she says.

"Wait here okay I'll be back" I tell her, she nods before sitting against the wall, I unlock the bookstore and go inside. I walk towards the cafe and see there's still some warm baked muffins and some sandwiches the girls made for lunch. I grab a sandwich that's cut in half, and 2 muffins along with an orange juice and a water.

I grab a brown paper bag and put everything inside, I open the front door and walk outside. The woman stands up and I see a smile form on her face. "I hope this is enough" I tell her while handing her the bag. She looks inside and grabs a muffin, she takes a big bite, then another one. I feel bad that people have to live outside, starving of hunger. "Thank you so much, I appreciate it so much" the women says. I nod with a smile on my face, "take care okay" I tell her,

She nods before walking away, I see her take the water out and take a long sip of it. I feel my heart ache for her, I get in my car and start driving home. As I'm driving, I see the same women from a couple minutes ago, she's in an alley with more people. Theirs 4 men, around their 40's and 3 other women around their 40's as well.

I see her giving them each a small piece of sandwich, as I watch I have a great idea. Instead of going home I drive to the grocery store. I lock my car and walk inside the store grabbing a cart, I walk to the vegetable section and starts grabbing some carrots, potatoes, corn, zucchini and a loaf of bread. I also grab some disposable soup containers, with plastic spoons.

I pay for everything and make my way to the car, as I turn on the engine my phone starts ringing. "Hey baby" It was Blake, "heyy how are you?" I ask him, "I'm okay, I miss you when are you coming home?" he asks, "I'm on my way, I stopped by the grocery store but I'm going home already" I tell him. "Okay, I love you drive safely okay" he says, "I will, I love you" I tell him before hanging up.

~*~

"I'm home!" I shout while closing the door behind me, I hear someone running down the stairs, Blake appears, and a smile spread across his face. "Hii baby" I say while placing everything down. "Hey" he says before wrapping his arms around my waist and spinning me around. "I missed you so much" he whispers in my ear.

"I missed you so much too" I tell him before placing my lips on his, he kisses back deepening the kiss. I chuckle as I pull back, Blake smirks before placing a kiss on my forehead. "How was your day today?" he asks while grabbing the grocery bags, I walk into the kitchen. "It was okay, how was your day? how was work?" I ask him.

"My day was okay; work was pretty busy. My boss was being an ass." he says, I chuckle as I start taking out the vegetables. "What are you cooking?" he asks while wrapping his arms around my waist. "Soup" I tell him, "But I brought your favorite food?" he says, "I know, the soups not for us though" I tell him, he looks confused. "Then for who?" he asks.

"Today, I was about to leave the bookstore when this young lady came up to me, she asked if I had food. I gave her some muffins and a sandwich, then when I was driving back, I saw her again, but she was with some other people in an alley, she was sharing her sandwich with them..." Blake looks at me with a smile on his face.

"You're making soup for them, aren't you?" he asks. "Yes, I am" I tell him, "You are so sweet my love" he says before kissing my cheek. "Can I help you?" he asks, "of course, want to help me make some hot coco?" I ask him, "sure" he says looking excited, I chuckle as I tell him what to get out.

~*~

Hey, I finally updated, I'm sorry this took a while. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I love you all so much and I want to thank you all for all the support on this book. I appreciate all of you so much, I hope you guys are enjoying this book so far. Take care my lovey people, make sure to eat and drink something throughout the day. Byeee :)

-don't forget to vote

-Irma