Chapter 30

..Blake's POV..

It's been a year and a couple of months since we graduated. Ruth and I are still together. Our relationship has only grown stronger. And my love for her grows more and more.

As I lay in bed, there's a knock on my door. "Who is it?" I shout. "The love of your life!" I hear Ruth say. A smile spreads across my face. "Come in" I shout.

The door opens and I see the most beautiful girl enter. "Heyy sleepy head" she says while laying next to me. "I'm not a sleepy head" I say hugging her close to me. She couldn't stay over since she had to open the book store early.

Ruth opened her own book store 4 months ago, it's been doing pretty well. We built a mini cafe in their, Lucy and Nora helped her decorate. While the guys and I built the cafe. We both decided that we didn't want to go to college.

Ruth wanted to stay here and open her own book store, one of her dreams. I started working at this company, I get payed well. Our life's have been going well. "Yea you are a sleepy head. It's almost 12 and your still in bed" she says kissing my neck.

"Today I don't have to work." I tell her, she smiles and says "come with me to the book store, there's this groups of 5 year olds that are gonna go. They wanted me to read them books, I want you to read them books" she says.

I think about it, "please" she says kissing my neck, "okay fine" I tell her. She grins and kisses my lips. I get up and grab some clothes, "let me shower and change then we'll leave" I tell her. She nods and lays back down.

~*~

I can already hear the voices of little kids, "hey Blake" I see Nora coming out behind a bookshelf. Nora stayed and worked with Ruth, Lucy left for college. A college that's just about an 1hr or 2 away from here.

"Thanks for watching over, you can go for your lunch break" Ruth tells Nora, she smiles and hugs Ruth. "I'll see you later thank you" she says before grabbing her bag and leaving.

"Okay come on" Ruth says grabbing my hand, I groan and follow her. Why did I agree? "Hello kids" Ruth says, all children look at her. "Hello" they all say.

"Okay so, we have someone that will be joining us today. Welcome Blake" she says, they all look at me and I feel like just walking out the door. "Hello" they all say, I wave back.

As Ruth reads to the kids, some are sitting by her. And some are sitting in a circle paying attention. "The end" Ruth says, "another one!" Some kids shout.

Ruth looks at me. Uh oh. "Blake read them a book please?" She asks. I stand up and sit next to her. "Okay fine. I'm only doing this because I love you" I tell her. She smiles and kisses my cheek.

"Can I sit next to you?" I look up and see a little girl, she looks around 6. She has brown wavy hair, her eyes a light brown, and she has 2 visible dimples.

"Sure" I tell her, she smiles and sits next to me. "If you give a mouse a cookie" I read out loud. A couple minutes pass by and I'm finally done reading. "Can you read us another one!?" A little boy asks.

"Why not" I say grabbing another book. Hours go by. Some kids leave one by one until there's only one left. The little girl that was sitting next to me. "Do you want me to read you another one?" I ask her.

She nods, "pick" I tell her holding up 3 books. The girls end up choosing a Pinkalicious book. As I reads it to her, I feel her little head rest on my stomach. I look down and see her little eyes closing.

"Where's your mom?" I ask her, she shrugs "she said she would be back in an hour" she tells me. "What's your name?" I ask her. She sits up and looks at me. "Lily" she says. "That's a pretty name" I tell her.

A small smile spreads across her face, "can I tell you something?" She says. "Yeah" I tell her. "I don't think my mommy is going to come back" she says. I feel my heart ache, "hey don't say that Lily, she's going to come pick you up" I tell her.

She shakes her head, "no..she had bags with her. I've been here since the morning" she says. I check the time and see it's almost 8 at night. I feel my heart fall.

"Okay stay here I'll be right back okay" I tell her she nods, I rush to look for Ruth. "Ruth?" I ay, "yeah back here" she shouts. I finally find her, "how long has Lily been here for?" I ask her.

"Since I opened the store" she says, then her smile falls. We both walk to where Lily is, "hey Lily" Ruth says with a soft voice. "Where's mommy?" She asks. Lily shrugs, "is she gonna come back?" Ruth asks her. Lily shakes her head no.

A small tear rolls down her cheek, "no sweetie it's okay don't cry.." Ruth says hugging her. "It's gonna be okay, we're gonna find mommy okay" Ruth whispers in her ear while hugging her.

~*~

Ruth and I didn't know what to do, so I called Carmen and she said that we should take Lily to the police. To be honest nothing like this has ever happened so we didn't know where to take her.

We decided that maybe the police would handle this better. So we took her, we stayed with Lily for a bit, she fell asleep in my arms. "Do you think shes gonna be okay?" Ruth asks me. "I don't know baby, but I hope she will" I say holding Ruth's hand.

"She's so young, h-how could someone do this to their children." Ruth says, I look at her and tears are rolling down her face. "She's a sweet girl..she doesn't deserve anything that's gonna happen" Ruth says.

I pull Ruth into my arms and try to calm her down. "It's gonna be okay love, she's gonna be okay" I whisper in her ear.

A couple hours pass, Ruth ended up falling asleep. While I stayed up thinking about Lily. Ruth's right she's young, just a kid. Why would her mom do this to her? It makes me mad.

The police told us they were gonna try to contact some family, well look to see if she had any relative that would be able to take care of her. I hope she has an aunt or something.

I feel my eyes closing, darkness consuming me. And next thing I know I'm asleep. Right next to Ruth. They love of my life. The women that I hope I will marry in the future.

~*~

So sorry that this was a short and maybe bad chapter. I will try to make them better. And I'm sorry if this chapter was to much.

Also for a couple chapters, there's gonna be a time slip. Like a couple years later. I don't plan on making this story to long. Anyways I also wanna thank you guys so much for all the love and support on this story. I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far.

Happy Mother's Day you guys!! 💗

Love you all so much!!
Don't forget to vote<3