Chapter 33

..Ruths POV..

~2 weeks later~

As I'm putting some new books on the shelfs the bell above the door rings. I continue putting away the books and I guess i end up zoning out because I don't seem to sense Blake standing behind me until i turn around and bump into his chest. "Shit I'm sorry" I say picking up the books i dropped.

"it's okay, here let me help" he says picking up the rest, i turn back around and place the books down. "How are you love?" i hear him ask. "I'm okay" I say, as I'm turning back around i feel him grab my hands. "Ruth, look at me" he says, I take a silent deep breath and look up at him. "you can talk to me. You know that right?" he says, I nod. "yeah i know. And thank you i appreciate it" I tell him.

I know i can talk to Blake, but sometimes I can't find the words to describe how I've been feeling lately. Some days i feel nothing, other days i feel sad or mad. It's confusing. "Do you want to go out today?" he asks, "sure yeah" I say finally looking at him. There's a bright smile on his face, Gaddam that smile is so beautiful.

"Great, I have everything planned" he says with a grin, i smile and kiss his cheek. He places his hands on my waist and pulls me close to home. "i love you Ruth" he says, my heart explodes with warmth. I know I should be used to him say those 3 special words. But evetime he says them i feel the same way over and over again. My stomach erupts with butterflies, and my heart is filled with warmth.

"I love you Blake" I say, he smiles and cups my chin bring his face close to mine an smash his lips on mine. "i wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. I just realized that I haven't kisses Blake in almost a week, I mean yeah some kisses on his cheek. But that's all, now i feel bad. I've been so distant since what happened.

"I'm sorry Blake" I tell him while pulling away a bit. "For what love?" he asks confused. "I've just been very closed off, and distant" I tell him, he shakes his head and cups my face. "don't be sorry love, I understand why've you've been distant. " he says, I smile and hug him. "thank you" I whisper. "I love you so much Ruth" he says, "I love you so much more" I tell him.

he shakes his head before cupping my face, "I love you way more" he says, "no I-" but I get cut off, "jeez we know how much you guys love each other. Now stop being all lovely dovely in front of me. You guys are making me feel very single" I look to my right to see Molly standing there.

I look at Blake and we both chuckle, Molly smiles before walking towards me. "Nora called, she's not coming in today" Molly says, "oh okay. did she tell you why?" I ask her. "She said she wasn't feeling very well" Molly says. "Oh okay, thanks molly" I tell her. Noras not feeling well? I grab my phone and press on her contact. The phone rings for 3 times before she answers.

"Hey Ruth" I hear Nora says through the other side of the phone, "hey Nora, Molly just told me you're not coming in, and that you weren't feeling well. is everything okay?" i ask her. "Yeah, I'm sorry for not working t-" but i cut her off. "No Nora don't be sorry, you never missed a day of work. Its okay" I tell her, "thank you Ruth" she says.

"Why aren't you feeling to well?" I ask her, I look behind me to see Blake putting some books away. i smile before turning back around. " I haven't stopped throwing up since last night" she says, "oh no that's not good, have you gone to the doctors?" I ask her. "no" she says.

~*~

we talk for a little bit more before I had to get back to work, "ill come by later, i hope you feel a bit better Nora, Love you" I tell her, "love you too bye" she says, and with that i hang up. I turn back around to see that Blake has finished putting all the books away where they go. "impressive Mr. Carter, you've done everything correctly" i say with a grin.

He rolls his eyes before kissing my forehead, "i have to get back to work, I'm sorry. but ill see you later for our date" he says with a smile. "ohh its a date now?" i say, he smirks before hugging me and kissing my cheek. "i love you" he whispers in my ear, i cup his chin and kiss his lips. "and i love you" i say.

Today I closed the bookstore early, since I went to see Nora and I also had to get ready for my date with Blake. As im in my room trying to decide which outfit i should wear teres a knock on my door. "Come in" I say, then walks in Blake with a bag in his hand. "Hey Beautiful" he says while placing a kiss on my neck. "Heyy, i though you weren't coming till like another hour or so" I say. "I wanted to give you this" he says handing me the bag.

"oohh what is it?" I ask him, "open it and you'll find out" he says with a smirk. I roll my eyes before opening the bag to pull out a beautiful dress. It was a short simple burgundy spaghetti strap dress. "Its beautiful, thank you" I say before kissing his lips. He smiles, I grab the dress and go inside the restroom. I know for a fact if I change right there in front of Blake. We wont be leaving this room.

About 30 minutes later, i finally finished curling my hair, and putting a bit of makeup on. "okay I'm done" I say while walking out the bathroom. Blake looks up from his phone, and his mouth opens slightly. "you look fucking beautiful" he says whil getting up and walking towards me. "and so god Damm sexy" he whispers in my ear. My whole body shivers at his words. "Thank you, now should we get going" I say with a smile.

Blake rolls his eyes before grabbing my waits and pulling me close to him, "can i kiss you?" he asks, "just one kiss" i say, he smiles before nodding. He grabs my face in his hands and smashes his lips onto mine. I can feel him trying to deepen the kiss, but i don't let him. "We're going to be late to wherever your taking me" i tell him.

"one more kiss please" he says, I roll my eyes before kissing him one last time. "okay now lets go" i say looking in the mirror to make sure my lip stick didn't get ruined. "alright lets go" Blake says while opening the door and letting me walk out first. "what a gentleman" i tease, he rolls his eyes before closing the door behind him.

~*~

Hey guys!! I'm so sorry if this was a short chapter. And I'm also sorry if it wasn't the best nor interesting. I promise I'll try to make the next couple of chapters a bit more interesting. I hope you are all enjoying this story so far. I love you all so much. take care<3

don't forget to vote.