Chapter 26

..Ruth's POV..

I can hear the kids' laughter as we get closer to the entrance of Blake's house. I'm about to open the door when Blake grabs my hand and pulls me into a hug. "I love you so much my love" He says and kisses my forehead, i smile and hug him tighter "i love you so much more baby" i whisper. We both pull away from the hug and Blake opens the door. I see kids running around, moms sitting in the kitchen. "RUTH YOU CAME!!" I hear Alex shout, I then feel hands wrap around my waist. I look down and see Alex hugging me. "Of course i came buddy, happy birthday" I say while handing him his bag. "Thank you so much Ruth '' Alex says while running to his mom which i see she's talking with some other moms.

"Hey bestayy!" I look to my side and see Owen coming our way. "Heyy" I say with a smile. He smiles back and hugs me. "I haven't seen you in a long time," he says. "Owen you saw me at the dance" I say wi5h a small chuckle "yeah 1 week ago" he says rolling his eyes playfully. I laugh and pat his shoulder "hey ruth" i hear Diego says "hey Diego" I say back while wrapping my arms around him. He hugs me back.

"Sweety you came" Carmen says while wrapping her arms around me. "Of course I did" I say she smiles and kisses my cheek. "Here I brought this," I say, handing her some cupcakes I brought from the bakery. "Oh you didn't have to honey but thank you so much" she said, hugging me once more before making her way back to the kitchen. "Do you wanna get something to eat?" Blake asks me. "Sure" I say while grabbing his hand. He nods and we make our way to the kitchen.

"How many slices do you want?" Blake asks me, "one please" I tell him. "Alrighty" he says while handing me a plate with a slice of pizza. We both make our way to the backyard where Diego and Owen are playing football with some of Alex's friends along with Alex too. Blake and I just sit there talking and laughing when we hear Owen call us. "Play a game with us you guys?" Diego asks "alright" Blake says. He looks at me "play with me?" He asks with a smile. "Okay, but if I get crushed by one of yall and end up in the hospital you're paying for the bill" I say he just chuckles and takes my hand.

"Okay Gray and Carter vs me and Diego" Owen says, "get ready to lose!" Owen shouts. "The losers have to give the winners 20 bucks each," Diego says. We start playing, as I watch Blake running and juking the guys he looks at me and signals me to run near the touch down. "BABY CATCH!" he shouts. I look up and see the ball come towards me. I catch the ball and run as fast as I can to the end. I look behind and see Owen running after me. "GO KEEP RUNNING BABY!" I hear Blake shout. I keep running until I hear Blake shout "TOUCH DOWN!! LETS GO BABY!" I har Blake shout. I see that I did make a touchdown. "YEAH LETS GO!" I shout throwing the ball to the floor. I feel Blakes arms wrap around my waist and pick me up. Eh spins me around while we both cheer and laugh.

"You did it baby! Good job!" Blake says while kissing my forehead. "We did it!" I say kissing his cheek. Owen and Diego are not standing by us. "Pay up guys" I say with a small grin. Diego chuckles and gives me 20. "Thank you" I say. "Owen give me my 20" Blake says while wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Nope," Diego says with a grin and starts running away. "Asshole you lost, come back here and give me my 20!" Blake shouts. "Nope!" Owen shouts. "I'll be back baby" Blake says and runs after Owen. "GIVE ME MY 20 !" Diego and I hear Blake shout while running after owen. "NO ITS MY 2-" Before Owen can finish he's on the ground. Blake has tackled him. "ouch" Diego and I say at the same time.

"That looked like it hurt" I say, "it did...a lot" Owen says groaning in pain. "God man what are you made out of fucking rocks!?" Owen says while standing up holding his stomach. "Nope all this is muscles," Blake says with a smirk. "Now give me 20, unless you want me to tackle you again" Blake says. "Fine" Owen says while taking out his wallet and giving Blake 20. "Thank you man" Blake says, hitting Owen on the back. "What the fuck!" Owen exclaims. "That shit hurts!". Blake just laughed while walking next to me and pulling me into him by my waist kissing my forehead.