Chapter 3

..Ruth's POV..

"Amelia..? I say mostly in a whisper.

What the hell, am I dreaming, she's standing right in front of me. What the fuck no this is a dream. Wake up! Wake up Ruth!" I say.

"Ruth..?" She says.

No this is fake no way, no I run to the door and run out. This is fake I'm hallucinating, I see the group and walk up to them. "Hey Umm Im sorry to ruin the fun but I'm heading back home. It was nice meeting you guys." I say trying to fake a smile.

Lucy and Nora look at me worried and confused. I wave goodbye and walk fast, as I push the doors I let the air hit me and start walking away.

As I walk back home, flashbacks of when I found Amelia start hitting me. What the fuck!? Why now dammit I have to ruin everything!

"Stop it..!" I say trying to calm down.

I see her lifeless body..
The blood..
Fuck I can't breath.

Dammit! Breath Ruth breath...1..2..3.. fuck it's not working. I sit down I don't know on what but I sit. I try taking deep breaths but that shit is not working while I keep getting the flashbacks.

"Fuck!fuck!fuck" I say hitting my legs.

I try deep breath once again, and this time it works. I lay down and see that I'm outside my house. I get up and walk inside, as I walk into the kitchen I grab some water and drink it.

I walk upstairs into my room, as I sit on the corner of my bed. I lay down. I felt tired, mentally and physically. I get a blanket and cover myself with it soon falling asleep.

~*~

As I hear my alarm ringing, I open my eyes the sun light hitting my face making me groan. I look at the clock and it's 7:30am. I finally got some sleep, as I'm still laying down my phone starts ringing.

I pick it up and see it's Lucy, "hey" I say "hey how are you? Yesterday you seemed off when you left?" She asks. "I'm okay I was tired" I say. "Oh okay, well umm see you later" she says "yeah bye Lucy" I say. She hangs up, as I get up the room starts spinning.

Fuck, I feel my body falling, but I catch myself holding onto my desk. I gain my balance and vision back. As I sit down, I sigh and decide I'm not going to school. Not today maybe tomorrow.

~*~

It's now Saturday, I haven't been to school in 4 days. Lucy,Nora, and Owen always texted me if I was okay. I always responded with a "I'm fine". These past few days have been shit, I haven't felt like myself.

As I sit in the kitchen, I decide to get a drink. I go to the cabinets and take out a bottle Of vodka. Just one shot it won't hurt..

1..
2..
4..
6..

As I sit in the chair, my head spinning. I over did it again. Dammit I can't help myself, I take a drink from the bottle. At least this helped me, it makes me feel a bit better. As I go to the living room, I see a picture of me and Amelia.

I grab the picture and hold it, I feel my eyes getting wet. "I miss you so much sis..." I say. And close my eyes. Exhaustion took over me making me fall asleep.

I groan as I hear a phone ringing. I stand up falling back onto the couch. "Shit" I mutter feeling sick. As I go to the kitchen I see my phone. I pick it up and see it's my aunt Jenna.

"Hey sweetie, how are you?" she says.

"Hey aunt Jenna I'm fine how are you?" I say back.

Aunt Jenna had been there for me ever since Amelia died. She's been like a mother to me.