Chapter 38 - Intuition

Y/N POV:

Nino and I didn't have the slightest intention of wasting time, even if we have a lot of time to waste now that the finals are over.

After we met up with the others, I was dragged along to their apartment so that tsun could dress up for our long-awaited date. It was a bit frustrating for me since my clothing options are a bit limited by our school's dress code. Even though I'm already pushing a few boundaries with the way I dress to go to school, it's still not the same as proper "going-out" clothes. But whatever. It's not like we're going to some fancy restaurant or something... I hope.

I was once again sitting on that couch I got so familiar with as tried to ease my mind after the exam.

I'm not gonna lie, I was feeling a bit out of it during that early afternoon. I don't know if it's because I used up too much of my mental energy during the exam, but I was working on low power mode. A symptom of that is thinking that when my vision suddenly went dark, instead of having someone covering my eyes, I was having an aneurysm or something.

I did get a hold of myself pretty quickly, and it was all the more evident that my brain was just fine when I heard a voice coming from behind me.

"Guess who?"

It wasn't Obama last time... it was Nino. So maybe this time...

"John F. Kennedy."

"Close."

Judging by the playful reaction and the voice...

"Sorry. I mispronounced your name, Ichika."

"Bingo!" she uncovered my eyes, "Been a while since we last talked, hasn't it?"

"I guess. Take a seat. I doubt Nino will be getting ready any time soon."

She did just that, hopping over the couch and sitting by my side.

"So, what's up?" she said, "Why are you still wearing that jacket? It's not that cold anymore."

"Drip."

"Oh really?" she said with a challenging look.

"No, it's because I'm dying of hypothermia in the middle of a painfully mild day. Of course, it's because of drip,"

She narrowed her eyes, "But that's not all... is it? Hmm.... what about this!"

She quickly reached her hand and grabbed the collar of my shirt and jacket, then pulled on it, revealing a hickey on the lower part of my neck I had been trying to hide. Normally I would have been able to get out of reach before her hand could reach me, but then again, low power mode.

As soon as she saw the aftermath of my night with Nino, her eyes began to glow as if she had just discovered America or something.

"HA! I knew it."

I slapped her hand away, readjusting my clothes.

"Pretty respectful of other people's privacy, aren't you?"

"Ah, spare me. You are our collective bestie. We have the right to do this sort of stuff to you. Besides, I was the first one Nino sent a message to after the deed."

"She fucking what?!"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!! Come on, you don't need to make such a big deal out of it."

I leaned back on the couch, letting out a sigh. And as I did, I felt Ichika's finger poking my cheek lightly.

"Heyyy..."