Chapter 36 - Audacity

Y/N POV:

We're only a few days away from finals now.

I like to believe that I prepared them well. And I did. We did. Over the course of all these sessions, we must have done something close to 400 exercises, and as of yesterday, they were getting about 90% of them right.

That didn't come without costs, though. They are completely exhausted, which explains why they're all acting a bit off ever since Fuutaro took that decision. We noticed how their performance would fall off a little bit by the end of the week. That's why the two of us agreed that they needed a well-deserved break.

It was a nice Friday afternoon. Still a bit chilly, but the weather's been gradually getting warmer. As soon as the bell rang, Nino immediately turned to me and slammed the palms of her hands on my desk.

"You and I are going on a date, and I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Wait, right now?"

"Yes. I don't care if we're just going to the mall to have something sweet. I just want to go out with you."

I couldn't help but smile a little. She grabbed my hand and began to lightly drag me out of my seat.

"Come on!!" she said.

"Alright. Just let me pack my stuff."

"Okay, but hurry!"

Under tsun's pressure, I began to shove everything in my bag. As soon as I zipped it, She grabbed me by the wrist with force and began to lead me out of the classroom.

"Your hands are a bit cold," I said, "Here."

I got a better hold of her hand and put it inside the pocket of my jacket, and in the process, she huddled close to me.

"Ah... comfy. I'm glad to see that you haven't forgotten how to treat your girlfriend properly."

"That goes both ways," I said," When are you going to treat me?"

"What?!" she said with an insulted look on her face, "I treat you all the time."

"Oh, yeah? Give three examples."

"Um... I call you every night, I let you hold me all the time, and I play those stupidly hard videogames with you and Miku."

"I almost set fire to a forest because of you."

"Grrr..."

"Are you growling?" I said, chuckling a little bit, "That is pretty cute."

"Shut up!" she said, "If you want more, I'll give you more! I'll show you that I'm the best girlfriend you could ever wish for!"

"I'm just teasing you, dummy. You already are everything that I could ask for."

I caught her blushing out of the corner of my eye, making a flustered expression that I always found adorable.

"No!" she said, "I'll show what I mean to you. Just wait for the exams to end and I'll show you just how much I love you."

"Good, good. I'm positively intimidated."

"You should be," she said, still flustered, "Come on, let's get to the mall. I'll call an Uber."

"Why? The weather is pretty nice."

"It's gonna take us like 15 minutes to walk there."

"And a day has uh... 1440 of those. Come on."

"Tsk. Fine."