Chapter 15 - It's Worth the Risk

Y/N POV:

Nino received a text from Miku asking her if she would indeed go on with her plan. What else could be expected from someone as hard-headed as her? Of course she would. We stayed in school for another half hour before finally making the trip to my home.

I lived five blocks away from school in a peaceful little street. The silence of our commute served to ease the tension, even if just a little bit, though I'm sure it would have been far more tranquil hadn't it been for the argument we had with Itsuki.

We arrived at my apartment shortly after, and to my confusion, Nino looked rather bewildered as she stepped inside.

"Your place is surprisingly nice."

"What do you mean surprisingly?"

"I don't know. I expected the house of a boy who lives alone to be far messier. But this place is so nice and tidy."

"Wow, I'm a bit insulted." I jokingly said, "I at least try to look like I have my shit together."

"And from what it seems, you're succeeding."

"Good. And you know I didn't just tidy everything up in a hurry for you since I just arrived."

I was happy to hear that her voice was a bit more gleeful than before. After stepping inside, Nino had a weight off her shoulders, both figuratively and literally. And by that, I mean that she dropped her bag immediately and jumped face-first into my bed.

"Ahahah! This is so comfy!"

"So the first thing you do when you see a neatly made bed is to jump on it."

"This duvet feels like a cloud, I just couldn't resist it."

"Pfft..."

My apartment was small, but as Nino pointed out, I took pride in keeping it organized. It consisted of only one room and a bathroom, both were comfortably spacious so it wouldn't feel cramped. Couple that with a few houseplants, warm interior lighting, and a good taste in interior decoration, and you'll end up with quite a nice little place.

I made my way to the bed, setting my backpack adjacent to it. As I was about to sit down, I saw in the corner of my vision a white shadow quickly flying in my direction. I narrowly evaded a pillow Nino had thrown at me.

"Oh, this is not a fight you want to pick with me." I said, grabbing the pillow mid-air at the last second, "You still owe me a game of dodgeball, remember?"

"How the hell did you dodge that?"

"I thought you'd try something like that." I said, yeeting the pillow back at her face.

"Gaah! You're dead!!"

Nino armed herself with two more pillows, tossing them at an embarrassingly low velocity. It wasn't hard to catch them both in the air, proceeding to quickly close the distance between us two and make Nino the core of a pillow sandwich as I slapped them both against her.

"Hahah, it's unfair! You're too fast!"

"Then pray you'll be in my team in dodgeball."

Amidst the chuckling, I felt her hands reaching out to cup my face. Once again, I felt as if I was being transported back to the elevator on that day. The look in her eyes then was the same as the one she had right now.

"You have no idea how hard I'm trying not to kiss you right now." She whispered.

"So you aren't just teasing me."