Chapter 16 - Trust Exercise

Y/N POV:

I was laying on the couch, flying through the book I was reading while I waited for Nino to finish showering. The rain droplets tapping against the window sure did set a nice mood for reading, though by the time she was finished, the sky was beginning to clear.

I heard the bathroom's sliding door opening, followed by Nino's gentle footsteps.

"I'm done." She said.

"Great. The rain stopped so we can go for a little stroll after lunch if you're in the mood."

"You bet I am. Let me just get dressed."

This entire time I had my eyes fixated on the screen of my phone and facing away from the bathroom door and her saying didn't make me change position. I didn't hear any movement coming from her, so I got a bit suspicious.

"*Ahem*, let me just get dressed." She repeated.

"Nobody's stopping you." I dismissively replied.

"I know. I said I'm going to get dressed, this implies that I am not dressed as I'm speaking to you right now."

"Yes, I inferred as such."

"Then why aren't you even sneaking a glance in my direction?"

"First of all, I know you're wearing a towel. You wouldn't come out of the shower completely undressed since you know I'm here. Second, I'm trying to respect your privacy here, much like I trust you'd do if I were in your situation."

"And I'm trying to tease you!"

"Try some other way then. All you're doing here is postponing our date." I flipped another page.

She growled a little, proceeding to drag her suitcase to the back of where I was sitting at. Still not daring to look, I heard her stopping behind me, and considering I could feel the heat emanating from her body, she was very close indeed.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm testing you." She said, "I'm going to change while I'm right behind you. If you turn around, I'll slap you."

"You know that the screen of my phone is reflective, right?"

"Then turn the brightness all the way up and pay attention to what you're reading."

"Fuck' sake... ok."

I did as she asked, increasing the brightness and turning the page white with black text instead of the other way around. Not a second later, I saw a white shadow flying over me. Nino had tossed her towel over my head, landing on the spot on the couch next to me.

"Is that how much you trust me?" I asked.

"Yes. You'd better not break that trust."

"I would gain nothing from that."

"You'd get to see my body."

"At the price of losing everything we've built between us? Nah bruv. I'll pass on this one."

There was silence for a few moments, then I felt her arms wrapping around me from behind, followed by a brief but delightful kiss on my cheek.

"Now you're doing the teasing correctly." I said.

She let go, and the rustling of clothes behind me indicated that she was finally changing. Keeping the focus on reading when I know that my crush is changing right behind me can be quite the challenge. Still, I like to believe that I'm disciplined enough to keep my promise. I'd much rather have her keep trusting me this way than risking a peek.