Chapter 31 - Cold Night

A/n: 

I had a few difficulties with my family last week and couldn't find it in me to write much. What I decided to do was rewrite a one-shot I had written to better fit the continuity of the story, but there aren't that many plot-heavy things in this one. Just some nice time with best girl. It's not a lemon outright, but it's kinda spicy. I hope you enjoy it and have a happy early Valentine's Day with Nino ;D

...

Y/N POV:

"Hey... um... do you come here often?" Miku said in a miserable excuse of a flirtatious tone.

"Stop. That's not gonna work," Nino said.

The three of us were at the living room of the quint's apartment, and as Nino had suggested, Miku was practicing her flirting skills... with me.

"Ok. How's about this..." she said, adjusting her hair and leaning forward, "...Um... I really like your shirt?"

"Why did you phrase that as a question? That was horrible!" Nino said.

"Come on, I'm trying my best."

"You're sounding too nervous. Try to relax. I promise I won't bite," I said.

"Even so, I don't know what to do. Ugh! Nino, come here and show me what worked on him."

"You'd be impressed. Almost nothing works on Y/N-kun."

"What?"

"I even changed clothes and stayed completely naked right behind him and he barely even reacted."

"Though to be honest," I said, "I was the one making moves on her most of the time."

"Hey, that's not true! I'm always the one doing the handiwork!"

"Are you sure about that?" I tapped my chest in the place where her pendant would have been hanging.

"Um... can we get back on track?" Miku awkwardly said.

"Right, sorry. Well, go ahead Nino. Give her a demonstration."

"Hehe, with pleasure."

Nino sat by my side, adjusting her head and looking at me with a smile.

"Hey, didn't expect to see you here today. What are you doing? I can join you if you're not too busy."

I couldn't help but smile as well.

"Excellent," I said, "See how she sounds very approachable and friendly. But not in an unnatural way. Also, see how her body language is open and non-threatening?"

"I thought you said I shouldn't rely on body language."

"To read someone's thoughts, that is. But for situations these, they can give you a good tell on how the other person is feeling. For example, Nino, say the same thing but cross your arms and legs and face slightly away from me."

She did just that.

"Yeah... it does look a bit sarcastic," Miku said.

"See, Miku?" Nino said, "It's simpler than you think. You don't even have to say any cheesy pick-up line."

They switched places again, with Miku taking a deep breath before saying her line.

"H-Hey..."

"Say it confidently," Nino said.