Chapter 35 - Recklessness

Y/N POV:

"Nino, what's wrong?"

She didn't reply. She just kept looking at her sister with resentment.

"You're mine, do you understand?" she repeated.

"Of course I am, dummy. But why are you saying this?"

She leaned in, whispering so that only I could hear it, "Isn't it obvious enough? She was trying to make a move on you."

Was she now? Tsun is pretty fond of jumping to conclusions. It is one of her main traits, after all. I assumed she was speaking quietly in order to not call too much attention from the others, but if that were the case, walking up to me and hugging me out of the blue defeats that purpose.

"Nino, is something wrong?" Itsuki asked, clearly looking resentful.

"No... it's nothing."

I turn to Itsuki, gesturing for her not to press further.

"Okay... sorry for bumping into you, Y/N-kun."

"What?!" Nino said.

"Don't worry," I said, grabbing Nino's arm.

Itsuki walked away from us, going near the other four. Nino grabbed me by the wrist and began to drag me back inside the building.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I left my phone in the apartment," she said to the girls, "Y/N-kun is coming with me to help me find it."

She just made up this excuse, didn't she?

"I did."

"What the fuck?! I didn't say that out loud, did I?" I said, slightly shocked.

"Nope, but I know you well enough to have a good guess about the things you're thinking about."

"That's a bit creepy... but also kinda sweet. Anyway, I take that this is about Itsuki."

We stopped before the elevator as she looked over her shoulder to check if the others could see us.

"Of course. She couldn't have made it more obvious even if she tried."

"I'm more confused about how that bump suddenly made you start believing that. It's like it flipped a switch on you or something."

"I have a good eye for that sort of stuff," she said as we entered the elevator, "And you do too. I can't believe you can't see it too."

"I can't say I didn't notice something off today... but a lot of us introverted boys are hard-wired to believe that if something a girl does can be interpreted as either flirtation or friendliness, she is being friendly 100% of the time."

"Okay. Then what about this," she cupped my face and gave me a kiss, "Is this just being friendly to you?"

"I'm starting to think you have a thing for kissing in an elevator."

"You know why. Just answer the question."

"It's a kiss. I can't think of any way it isn't flirtatious other than kissin' your homies goodnight or something."

"That's precisely my point."

"Nino, she just bumped into me. It's not a big deal."

"She didn't just bump into you. She did that, knocked you over, and kept looking into your eyes while blushing and refusing to get up, AND called you by your first name as the cherry on top."