Chapter 2 - The First Session

Y/N POV:

I find it really fascinating how the time appears to slow down when you're anticipating something. A few minutes feel like hours as your mind pulls a [Za Warudo] on itself. That was a pretty accurate description of how the afternoon period of my second day felt. Ever since the end of lunch, I found myself counting the seconds for the tutoring session. And after a little over 8100 of them (2 hours and 15 minutes to be precise), the torture that was our organic chemistry lesson finally came to an end.

After the bell, I packed my things and booked it out of the classroom. Fuutarou sent me the address of the Nakanos. The plan was to meet him there.

Keyword: was

I got off at a nearby bus station, then walked two blocks to the meeting point. When I arrived at the building, I managed to catch a glimpse of quite an entertaining scene: Fuutarou had just bypassed two of the sisters who I couldn't identify from a distance and was now sprinting toward one of the elevators.

I approached the building at my own pace. Since I saw Fuutarou missing his elevator ride, I didn't really bother to run after him. And would you know, as soon as I finished that thought I saw the idiot taking the stairs to the 30th floor. I have no idea why he is in such a rush. The plan was precisely to wait for me so that I could moderate the interaction between him and the quints, but he is in a hurry apparently.

I let out a sigh. I guess I'll be meeting him at the apartment proper. The sisters were already inside of the building and were now waiting at the elevator. In the meantime I calmly made my way inside the lobby, greeting the security guard and properly announcing who I was to the receptionist. I told him that I was with the guy who had just run past everyone, and surprisingly he let me in.

I got to the elevators just as the sisters had entered one, though another one had come only instants later. After a rather long trip to the 30th floor, I arrived just in time to see the girls berating Fuutarou as they got inside their apartment.

*Clap, clap, clap*

Fuutarou turned to me with an annoyed expression.

"I just heard them call you a stalker twice. What in the hot crispy Kentucky fried fuck did you do?"

"It's... complicated," he said.

Fuutarou then explained to me that in the process of trying to apologize to Itsuki, he accidentally stalked her in order to find a moment where she would be alone.

"The whole point of bringing me here was so that I could make the interaction between you and the quints a little less thorny. Then why did you charge ahead without waiting for me?"

"It felt like it was the best thing to do. I wanted to apologize to Itsuki at least before our session began."

"Mhm... and how's that going on for ya?"

He looked at me with a frustrated expression.

"Y/N, quit being so condescending. I need to figure out a way to get on their good side... fast."

"That's right. And I'm here to help you brother," I put my hand on his shoulder, "Not all is lost just yet. The door is unlocked. Let's go inside."

And so we did.

The quints didn't live in a mere apartment. They lived in a penthouse duplex. Both Fuutarou and I stared in awe at the luxury of it all. To think that those five girls have this beautiful place all for themselves... the whole situation sounds like paradise to me.

Although it wasn't paradise yet. We arrived at the living room expecting to see the girls reluctantly sitting around the coffee table while waiting for the tutoring session to begin. But the first floor of the apartment was emptier than the 'Cats' movie premiere.