Lemon Chapter - A Game for Two

Y/N POV:

"But then why are we doing this exercise if there isn't even a solution for it?" Ichika said a frustrated pout stamped across her face.

"There is a solution," I said, "But it's imaginary."

"Then what's the point?" Ichika asked.

"There are a few quadratic equations that can't be solved without them.  And I think it's used in electricity for something."

"Man, math is kinda dumb," Ichika continued, "Someone actually went to through the trouble of creating imaginary numbers, yet not a single real-life reason for counting higher than your fingers."

"How are you gonna count how many million yens you're spending when you go out shopping?"

"We have a resource for that. It's called a calculator," Ichika said.

"A calculator is a computer, which uses electricity, which uses complex numbers. There's your real-world reason."

"Ok, enough studying for today," Nino said as she descended the stairs.

"Oh, here we go," I said.

"We've only been studying for twenty minutes," Ichika said."

Nino came to us, pushing the papers aside and sitting on top of the table right in front of me.

"What's with the attitude?" I asked.

"Is this really how you're treating your girlfriend?" Nino said, indignant, "You come all the way to our apartment and you didn't even say hi to me?"

"Ichika asked me to come here for help with this math list, and since this was unscheduled, I didn't know you'd be here."

"Well, I am."

"Deadass?"

"You're welcome to join us if you'd like, Nino," Ichika said.

"Nah, I'll pass. But since you're here, Y/N-kun, I wanted to ask you a question."

"I have a feeling it's not school-related."

"Never."

Nino crossed her legs, leaning toward me as she raised my chin slightly with her hand.

"Y/N-kun," she said, looking at me lustfully, "Are you participating in No Nut November?"

"Really?" I said, "Did you really interrupt our session just to ask me that?"

"Answer the question."

I looked at Ichika, who was just as dumbfounded as I. She simply shrugged, kinda urging me to add fuel to the fire.

"Oh tsun..." I sighed, "Not gonna lie, your seduction game is on point."

"I know it is. Now tell me... are you in it or not?"

"I am."

"Good, good," she said with a smug face, "Then it is my sole and singular objective to make you lose."

"Not if you lose first," I quickly reply.

"Ha! You're a boy. I have the advantage."

"Actually, Nino, if anybody here should be partaking in NNN here, that person should be you," Ichika said.

"W-What?!"

"You know, I can hear you quietly moaning at night in your room. Plus, out of all of us, you're who takes the longest in the shower."

"That doesn't mean anything!!"

"It's ok, it's ok," I said, tapping her in the shoulder as I reflected her own previous smugness back to her, "It's healthy, Nino. At least that's what I read on the internet, so it's probably true."