Chapter 26 - Free Day

Y/N POV:

"So?" Fuutarou said with a weak voice, "Are you two dating?"

I could feel the smile forming on my face. It happened. It actually happened. Nino and I are finally dating.

"We are."

"I'm happy for you, Y/N-kun."

"Can't say the same for yourself though. I should have insisted so that Yotsuba wouldn't take you skiing."

"It is what it is. At least, they had a blast there."

"But did you?"

"I mean, I did. It's just that I'm not that into this sort of activity."

"And speaking of fun, what happened to you during the bonfire dance?"

"Ah... that. Well, I woke up to those four dorks staring at me while I slept. Needless to say, I got a bit shocked."

"I can imagine. But did any one of them, like, hold your hand?"

"Yep. Believe it or not, one on each finger. But I'm guessing that was to give me some emotional support while I was feeling sick."

"Oh, you sweet summer child."

"There's nothing to it. I'm just their tutor, and they're just our students."

"Whatever you say bruv. But speaking of tutoring..."

"Yeah, I was about to bring that subject up. Can you cover this next session for me? I know we're still a good few weeks away from finals, but I want to start preparing as soon as possible."

"No problem, King. Take as long as you need to rest, ok? I'm not the only one who's worried about you."

"You mean they're worried about me?" he said in disbelief.

"They're right outside your room. I just asked them to go in first."

"Man... that's unexpected."

"You see them as your students, but they see you as more than just their tutor. Way more."

"Tsk. If they're here, I guess they aren't going to give me any peace, right?"

"Bet."

...

It was now a relatively sunny Monday, and per Fuutarou's request, the preparations for the finals would begin now. As soon as my classes were done, I went to my house to prepare the material, and then, off I went to their apartment.

My arrival felt odd, but in a good way. It felt nostalgic, as if I hadn't set foot in that place in a long time. Maybe it's because of how long the trip felt, maybe it's something else. Who knows? All that matters is that it felt good to be back.

As I stepped out of the elevator, I noticed how the door to the apartment was already open. I invited myself in, and as the living room came into view, I saw all five of them patiently seated on the sofa waiting for the session. Heh... it does feel pretty surreal to see all five willingly gathered here for a session. If only Fuutarou could see this.

"Hey girls," I said.

Each one of them looked at me with a smile. All except for Nino. She came running in my direction and immediately enveloped me in a hug.

"Y/N-kun!" she tightened her embrace.

"Tsun," I smiled at her, proceeding to turn to the others, "Look at you all. You were actually looking forward to this session."