Chapter 8 - A Cozy Morning

Y/N POV:

The days got colder the deeper into autumn. Despite being a couple of weeks since the end of summer, the chilly climate only really hit me on this particular morning. And as much as I'd like to watch the soft rain falling outside from my cozy little apartment, I, unfortunately, had to go to school.

I got out of bed and shook off the sleep with a little bit of stretching. After proceeding through my morning routine as usual, I made my way to school. The streets were cold and quiet under a bright cloudy sky. The commute, though short was always pleasant.

I arrived, said hi to Fuutarou, then got to my classroom. Nino's material was at the desk in front of me, but she was chatting with some friends at the back of the classroom. I simply sat down, put on my hood, and closed my eyes, I had about two songs of time before the class started, and I intended to make full use of them.

Amazingly I didn't get interrupted this time, but when I opened my eyes once again I could see a rather menacing message written on the blackboard.

"MIDTERMS", underlined and all.

I mean, it was to be expected that we'd have midterms eventually. It's just that it never feels good get on with this clusterfuckery. Exams aren't a big problem to me, but I can see them being a nuisance when we have to juggle studying and tutoring the quints. Granted, it's the same subjects, but my and Fuutarou's pace is radically different from theirs.

Speaking of which, I only now noticed a pair of blue eyes staring at me from the desk ahead. Nino looked mildly infuriated, her arms crossed.

I simply stared back without saying a word, and after some long 15 seconds, she finally spoke:

"Are you not saying good morning to me today?"

I couldn't help but chuckle a little, "Really?"

"What do you mean 'really'? The correct answer is: Ah, I'm sorry, good morning Nino! Did you sleep well?"

"Oh well, it's good to know that I matter so much to you that you get grumpy if I don't say hi to you every day."

"That's not what I meant!"

"What else could you have meant then?"

"Uh..."

"Nakano-san, L/N-san, please remain quiet while I'm explaining the exam schedule." Our teacher said.

"I'm sorry, sensei." Nino replied, quickly turning to me and sticking her tongue out in a demeaning way.

I simply shrugged, leaning back on my desk and watching the rest of the explanation.
The exam would take place on Wednesday next week. Considering how little we covered with the quints, if we are to make them pass the exams, we need their full attention and cooperation. I spent a good part of that class plotting our studying schedule, going over the subjects we've been taught and what would be the most optimal way to approach each of them. If starting today, we have a session every day until the test including weekends, we would have 9 days, or approximately 18 hours of studying in total. That gives us roughly 3 hours and 30 minutes for each subject. And with a good balancing between theory and exercise depending on the subject, we should end up with...

"L/N-kun." Nino called me, interrupting my thought process.

"Huh? What?"

"Do you want to or not?"

"Dafuq you talking about?"

"The activity the teacher passed us. Do you want to form a pair with me?"

I glanced at the blackboard and sure enough, we've had been assigned to write an analysis a short story of a book we're reading.

"Sure. Though I thought you'd rather pair up with one of your friends."