Chapter 19 - A Powerful Ally

Y/N POV:

As per Nino's request, studying wasn't even mentioned during those entire two weeks. On the days that we were meant to have sessions, I just went to their apartment to hang out. I would stay with Nino, Ichika, and Yotsuba on the living room couches, either watching something, playing a game, or just chatting while the other three did their own thing – namely studying, though not always.

The school camp was two days away from us, and Yotsuba wouldn't stop hyping everyone about it. Fuutarou and Itsuki were studying at the dinner table, and Ichika was on at work. Miku and I were competing to see who could last the longest on Sekiro's boss rush mode. The other two were sitting with us, going over their preparations for the camp.

"Are you excited for the school camp, guys?"

"You seem to be excited for all of us." I commented as I watched Miku play.

"Of course I am! I can't understand how you guys aren't!"

"You're making it sound way more fun than it's actually gonna be." Miku said, "Do they even have wifi there?"

"No, and that's precisely why it's going to be so amazing!" She excitedly replied, "Surrounded by nature and beautiful landscapes, it's the perfect place to disconnect from mundane life and make unforgettable memories."

"Unforgettable memories..." Nino echoed.

"Yes! I can't believe you out of all people aren't excited for this, Nino."

"Hey, I never said I wasn't excited for it. I'm just... a bit nervous. That's all."

"Speaking of being nervous, have any of you decided who is going to be your pair for the bonfire dance?"

Miku chuckled dryly, "Decided? You say it as if I could just pick anybody I'd want to partner with."

"Oooo!!! Am I sensing that you're crushing on someone, Miku?" Nino teased.

"N-No! All I'm saying is that-" She dies in the videogame, interrupting her train of thought, "*Sigh*, I forgot you can't use the strong attack on Owl."

She hands me the controller, turning back to her younger sister.

"You were saying that...?" Yotsuba prompted.

"That it's easy for the rest of you. But I'm... I'm not very good with boys."

"Well, you have someone who can help you with that right here." Nino said.

Miku looked at her sister with slight shock. I guess she wasn't expecting the ever so restrictive and protective Nino to encourage her such a thing.

"You mean Y/N-kun?" Miku asked.

"Oh, me? I'm not good with boys either."

"No, dumbass. What I mean is that since you're a boy, you can help her understand how to approach a boy."

"Thanks for explaining, Nino. I wouldn't have gotten it otherwise." I said sarcastically.

She stuck her tongue out, crossing her arms and facing away.

I already went over the basics with her already, so whatever I say here is going to be pretty pointless. And since Fuutarou is here in the room with us, I can't get too specific without any of them noticing something is up.

"Ok, Miku. Generally speaking, a boy will always feel flattered when a girl is the one who asks him out. And while that isn't a guarantee that he'll accept you, it still means you have the advantage."