Interlude Chapter - Stay Here

A/n:

This is a very short chapter, hence why it's here much earlier than usual. It is a direct continuation of last one, but nothing much happens. I just didn't wanted to let Valentine's day go by without something special so I wrote a little romantic interaction between the two. I hope you guys like it.

...

Y/N POV:

It was morning. Early morning. The alarm had sounded two times before I deactivated it. As I was beginning to get up, I felt two warm hands wrapping around my chest and pulling me back to bed.

"Five more minutes..."

I placed my hand over hers, looking back at Nino's adorably drowsy face.

"I need to go."

"Ugh... no you don't. What time is it?"

"6 AM."

"Classes start at 8. Why is your alarm set for so early?"

"I gotta run with Miku."

"It's too cold and too early for that."

"Maybe for you."

"Ssssshut up."

She pulled me back with a little more strength. Just enough for me to lay back down with her.

"Ok. Just five minutes."

"Maybe ten..." she said.

I checked the time on my phone. Those ten extra minutes would be the time I needed to wake up calmly and stretch before my jog... but I guess today I can skip that part. Just today.

I set a timer for ten minutes on my phone, turning back to face Nino.

"Come here," I said.

She pulled me closer, resting her head on my chest as I gently fondled her hair.

"I love listening to your heartbeat. It makes me feel so safe."

"I feel the same about yours."

"Ngh... I don't want you to go... I want to stay here forever."

"Can't say I dislike the idea."

"Then let's stay here. Just this once."

"I can't."

"Ughh... come oooooon..." she hugged me tighter.

Probably due to her drowsiness, she was having a hard time stringing words together coherently. She was just saying the stuff that came to her mind, which is most likely why she said this next part.

"Promise you're going to keep dating me and you won't swap me for Miku."

"What?!"

"After Miku gets hot after all this running, promise you won't switch me for her."

"My heart has always been yours."

"Mmm... I'm gonna exercise to be hot just like you..."

"You're already hot, dummy. Besides, don't you do yoga?"

"But I need to do cardio..." she yawned, "After this little nap."

Her legs interlaced around mine. Only after briefly getting out of the covers did I truly magnificent and comfortable it felt to just stay covered. Maybe it was the cold, but Nino's body heat felt just so intoxicatingly warm and cozy.

"Can't you send Miku a message and tell her you'll skip today?"

"If you stopped trying to convince me to stay, maybe we can enjoy this moment better."