Chapter 25 - Hatsukoi

Y/N POV:

The good thing I found out was that skiing was actually optional, so the hard part of bamboozling the headcount wouldn't be necessary. However, this means that a few students and monitors are going to remain in the camp, thusly making my situation harder. I guess that, in the end, both options balance each other out in terms of difficulty.

Something unexpected happened as everyone was getting ready to head out. Fuutarou and I were in our dorm, and from the look of it, he seemed to be quite under the weather. After all, it is rather uncharacteristic of him to get grumpy over something so specific such as centripetal acceleration.

Well, I myself wasn't over the moon either. I couldn't see that he was bad probably because of my own moodiness. But other than that little confrontation between me and Takeda, after my talk with Nino things were starting to get more relaxed.

But no relaxation lasts forever, as that's when we both heard a set of footsteps running toward our room.

The door burst open, revealing a very excited Yotsuba.

"Uesugi-san! Just because this activity is optional, it doesn't mean you're escaping it!"

"Ughhh..." Fuutarou shivered, covering his head with a pillow.

"Yotsuba, Fuutarou is feeling a bit sick~"

"No, it's fine." He cut me off, "I'll go, Yotsuba. I just need to get dressed."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

He just looked at me and gave me a not very reassuring thumbs up. Fuutarou is not the healthiest guy I know so I'm not sure if he can tank exercising out in the cold – especially while he's sick.

"Are you coming as well, L/N-kun?"

"Naw. I need to do that thing, remember?"

"Oooooooh!" Her eyes lit up, "I see. Is it gonna take too long?"

"Depends. Why?"

"It's because Ichika is feeling a bit sick today, so Itsuki offered to stay here to take care of her. But if you can go keep her company after you're done, Itsuki will be able to go."

Ironic.

"I see... I'll try to get it done quickly."

"Great! Let's go, Uesugi-san!" Yotsuba took him by the hand, "And I hope everything works, L/N-san!"

"Yeah, me too." I said not so confidently, "Have fun."

...

Good fucking lord, the lake's water was cold. I mean, we're two hours away from snow so that is to be expected. But holy shit. Not the worst experience I've had in my life, but it's up there in the top 5.

After fully finishing the setup, I dried myself and stealthily made my way back to the dorm. Them after taking a nice hot shower, I went on to tackle my next task: babysitting Ichika.

I nonchalantly made my way to the dorm she was staying at, noticing one or two students who had decided to stay for whatever reason. Upon arrival, I knocked on the door gently, soon hearing her inviting me in.

The door opened to a... neither pleasant nor unpleasant surprise. An inconvenience, more than anything.

"Ehe... Hi Y/N-kun."

"... I'll come back later."

"Ah, don't worry about this. You've seen me like this before."

"That was a different context and I was with Nino. I'll be right outside. Let me know when you're done changing."