Chapter 37 - The Finals

Y/N POV:

"This wasn't what I expected when you said you were going to keep me up all night."

"Ah, you were expecting something naughty, weren't you?" Nino smugly said, "Heh, pervert."

"You literally mounted on top of me and whispered it in my ear. How could I interpret it as anything else?"

"You're the one who thought I was going to do something lewd. That's on you for setting your expectations too high."

She handed me the controller back, "Here. Your turn."

Essentially, tsun's idea of 'keeping me up all night' was literally pulling an all-nighter playing game and watching stuff together. She said it was to compensate for the date I denied her earlier, and that's understandable... but the way she proposed it was pretty suggestive. So, to put it mildly, I was a bit surprised when this was what she had in mind. I wasn't necessarily disappointed, but on our way here I was mentally preparing for something completely different.

Ever since we arrived here, I've been waiting for her to make her move since she's typically the one to do so. But it's 1 AM, and nothing happened still.

"What's with that look on your face?" she asked.

"What look?"

"You look... kinda bummed out."

"What? No, I don't. It's nothing."

"Come on, I know you. It's not nothing," she said, "Could it be because, after all, you were looking forward to something after all?"

"...Maybe."

Her expression turned to a delighted surprise.

"Ah, really? What made up your mind then?"

"I said maybe, not yes."

"But in this case, maybe means yes."

"No, it doesn't."

"Come on!" she pouted.

I paused the game and turned to her.

"This is going to sound dumb..." I said, "But... I really wanted our first time together to be special. I wanted to make it memorable for you. Something that truly made justice to all the feelings I have for you. Something as magical as how it was back in the trip. And well, this isn't exactly it."

"Really?"

I couldn't really tell by the tone of her voice whether she felt annoyed or understanding of my remark.

"I know, I know. It's stupid. And probably not the sort of stuff you'd expect out of me. It's just that~"

"You don't need to overdo yourself every time we have a special moment together, you know?" she said, "Jeez, you can be really infuriating sometimes, you know? Let me do a bit of the work as well."

"I'm not stopping you or anything. It's just that whenever I get an idea of something to do to make you happy, I want to do it as perfectly as possible."

She reached behind me, getting the TV's controller and shutting it down. She then hopped on top of me, holding my face in her hands.

"Every single second we spend together is memorable. It doesn't matter how small or inconspicuous it may seem, even if we're just holding one another just like this... this is already so magical to me..."

At that moment, just upon hearing those few words, I felt as if I had fallen under some sort of spell. Something about her made me completely helpless. I love her. I love how warm she made me feel. How delicate her body felt to the touch. How tightly she held onto me.