Chapter 4 - Quality Time

Y/N POV:

Now that we had a general idea of what Miku liked, getting her acquainted with us shouldn't be too hard.

Cut to the end of lunchtime. I was in my seat, casually waiting for the afternoon period to start. In comes Fuutarou holding a small note in his hand. We didn't even exchange any words. He handed me the note and I read its content:

"Come meet me at the roof. There's something I need to tell you.
Signed: Miku."

"Is it a confession?!" He asked me with a look of despair.

"How tf am I supposed to know?" I replied, "Did you interact with her between now and yesterday's session?"

"I did. I met the quints when I arrived at school today. We had a small argument which resulted in me asking them if they had reviewed the test – which they hadn't, obviously. I then asked the answer to the first question of the history portion. None of them answered, though I remembered that Miku got that question right."

"Is that it? In that case, she probably just wants to tell you she knew the answer."

"That's not all. At lunch, I met with them again and the brief exchange we had was diverted to the question of there being anyone we liked. And apparently, Miku is in love with someone. Well... she didn't explicitly said anything, but when she was asked, she just kept quiet."

"Interesting..." I looked at the note again, "It is quite peculiar that these two events would happen on the same day.

"So it IS a confession."

"Whoa there, hold your hormones. Despite all that, it doesn't mean that this is a confession to you specifically. We've known them for like two or three days."

"So maybe she just wants romantic advice? Thank God..."

It is kinda weird that Fuutarou doesn't like the idea of a girl as pretty as one of the quints confessing to him. I know how far he is willing to go to avoid social interactions, but I don't know any guy who wouldn't be excited to have a girl of her level confessing to them.

"That's unlikely as well since she wanted to tell you something, not ask. Regardless of her intentions, you need to make good use of this opportunity. If she does have a crush on you, it means that she wants to attend every lesson you give. And if she doesn't, she's still asking you to come to talk one-to-one in a private space."

"But what am I supposed to tell her in each case?"

"Whatever you feel like. Just don't fuck it up."

I handed him the note back. It was possible to see his uneasiness in gait as he left the classroom. Fuutarou goes out of his way to avoid interacting with others, and for that reason, he is completely retarded when it comes to dealing with social situations. I only got his attention because a few years back I managed to get first place on a test instead of him. But as expected, he never let that situation repeat itself.

Regardless, this is a situation that he has to deal with alone. As much as I would love to help him talk to Miku, she requested to meet him privately at the roof. And something tells me that my presence there would make things far more complicated than they should be. Godspeed, Fuutarou. You know what to do.

A few hours later, the class finally came to an end. I trust that I will get closure on Fuutarou's situation tomorrow. And in the case of any urgencies, he has my phone number.