Chapter 30 - Change in Character

Y/N POV:

I'm glad to have Fuutarou back. The sessions we've had without him were not particularly bad, but boi, having him here sure does take a load off my shoulders.

The seven of us were gathered at the center table of the apartment, waiting for the session to begin. I looked at Nino, who was resting her head on my lap and watching Demon Slayer on her phone. Every time I've seen her this past week, the first thing I notice is the little golden butterfly pendant I gave her. And every time, without fail, it puts a smile on my face.

I then look around to see each of the quints doing something as they waited for Fuutarou. Ichika was reading what I'm assuming was a script, Miku was oddly enough reading a fashion magazine, Yotsuba was whaling on what I'm assuming is Genshin, and Itsuki was talking helping Fuutarou get ready to start the session. These are the sorts of moments that I wish would last forever. There's just something so... precious about this.

I then felt a boop in my nose. Looking down, I saw Nino giving me a sweet smile. She just did that to see my reaction, and that's one of the things I love about her.

"Okay, everyone. Before we start, Y/N-kun said he wanted to try a new approach to these sessions, isn't that right?" Fuutarou said.

"Yeah. It's what I texted you yesterday. Essentially, we pick one of the five main subjects and have the one who presented the best scores at it help us with the tutoring."

"Yes. We did a little assessment of your test scores to decide which order we're gonna go by. The subject the five of you are collectively struggling with is Japanese, followed by Socials, Math, English, and Science," I caught Itsuki frowning a little upon hearing Fuutarou mention Science last, "Therefore we're starting with Japanese, and following this order for every session until finals."

"And the way we decided to do this is that I'm is going to dedicate my full attention to the one who's struggling the most with the subject, while Fuutarou and the one who has the best score in the subject are going to help the other three. So Ichika, you're with me today."

Yotsuba perked up, quickly standing up and striking a confident pose. "Don't worry girls! You're in good hands."

"Alright, let's get started then. Nino?"

"Let me just finish this episode."

"Nope, I saw you starting a new one just five minutes ago."

"So what?"

"If you don't, I'll spoil all the hashira deaths."

Suddenly, Nino, Miku, and Yotsuba all looked at me with a completely mortified expression.

"No!" they said simultaneously.

"Oh, you two are watching as well? This gives me quite a lot of leverage."

"Nino, put away your phone," Miku said.

"Okay, okay! Geez. Just you wait until I find something you like so that I can manipulate you with it."

"I invite you to try."

She showed her tongue to me, getting up and begrudgingly hopping to the other couch, switching places with Ichika.

"Well, well, well. It's been a while since we last talked, hasn't it?"

"Has it?" I said, opening our Japanese textbook.

"Two on two like this? It's been weeks. Man, Nino's been stealing you from us too much."

"I mean, I am her boyfriend."