"Baby what are you doing up? Its 6am" Alex says and come into the nursery where I'm walking around in a robe

"Baby what are you doing up? Its 6am" Alex says and come into the nursery where I'm walking around in a robe. These days I can't handle clothes in bed, so I sleep in panties and a nursing bra. As much as I don't like the look of a nursing bra, it is comfortable. 

"couldn't sleep. So I came in here" I say, and he comes over to wrap his arms around me. "it's crazy that our little Emilia is going to be here soon" he mumbles, and I nod. 

"do you think we have everything we need?" I ask and he nods. Rationally I don't think there is much more we could possibly need, but maybe I'm forgetting something. "The only thing left is finishing packing our hospital bags. And then we need to get some of that... after baby care for you that our mothers said we needed" Alex says. 

Apparently after you have a baby you bleed a lot for a few weeks. It does make sense that it's pretty traumatic for your vagina to push a baby out of it, there is even a risk of tearing. I hope I don't tear, that would suck. I'm nervous enough about all of that, how am I going to be strong enough to push a baby out. I've already said I want an epidural, but I'm scared that it's still going to be painful. 

**

After getting ready I head to my mom's house where they are throwing me a baby shower. I wasn't sure I wanted one, but everyone convinced me that I needed one. It's not going to be a big thing, it's a small thing with the people closest to us, and only the girls. Betty and Meghan are the two throwing it, they insisted since they are the godmothers for Emilia. 

"she is here" I hear muffled voices as I walk in the door. There are a bunch of people in the Livingroom. Betty, Meghan, my mom, Viviane, anna, Rebecca, aunty Blake, Inez, James, aunty Abigail, lily and her daughter dixie, both of my grandmothers as well as Patrick girlfriend Mary, tom's wife tina, Uncle Austin's wife Rachel and then aunty Selena. It's so exciting to see everyone, especially those I haven't seen in a while that lives far away. 

I greet everyone with hugs, and they are all dressed in either pink or white. Betty and Meghan sure did a good job with all of this, it's so beautiful in here. Looking around I can't help but smile, its perfect. 

It's a brunch so we all grab food before I sit down at my assigned seat at the head of the table. We are lucky that summer has come to Nashville and its nice enough to sit outside. They have set out a long table that's beautifully decorated. Its everything I could want, and I feel so special and emotional. 

Being pregnant is an emotional roller-coaster, and now that we are in the homestretch, I want to try to enjoy the last of it. 

Meghan stands up "welcome to my future sister in laws baby shower for her cute little princess Emilia. As one of the godmothers I wanted to welcome you all and thank you for taking time out of your busy lives to come here and celebrate a new life coming into the world. In around 10 weeks a new little human is going to take its first breath, which is such a beautiful thing, and that's why we wanted to bring you all together today to celebrate" she says, and I thank her before we continue eating.