engagement party

**saturday January 21st – 2040** 13 weeks pregnant **

-ellies pov- 

I'm doing some makeup and getting my hair ready for the engagement party around lunchtime today. We are having a brunch type of engagement party that our mothers are throwing us. It's going to be fun and I'm really excited to see people I haven't seen in a while. 

My dress is white, about knee length and has thin straps. The front is a deep neckline and it's the same in the back of the dress. The bust is lace but has a backing, so nothing is showing. I'm going bra-less because my maternity bra would not look good with this dress and I'm going for ballet flats instead of heels. 

At 13 weeks pregnant I have a bump that's slowly becoming more defined

At 13 weeks pregnant I have a bump that's slowly becoming more defined. It pokes out more now and my stomach isn't what it was 13 weeks ago. The combination of going from underweight to 13 weeks pregnant shows a huge difference in my body because I've already gained about 1 kg a week since I was in the hospital as well as my belly now poking out more as the baby is now the size of a lemon. 

In the mirror I cup my belly and look at how the bump is looking in the dress. The skirt of the dress is flowy, but I think you can tell I'm pregnant. But now the world knows anyway so I don't feel a need to hide it anymore. Originally, I didn't want it to show anything at all because people would think I was fat instead of pregnant, but now they know I'm pregnant, so I don't care anymore. That's really not a healthy way of thinking, I know that, but it's how I'm coping with everything. 

"Ellie are you ready?" betty says and come into the bathroom with me. According to our mothers Alex isn't allowed to see me before we get there. Exactly why I don't know, we aren't getting married today, but I wasn't about to argue with them about that. 

"Yes. I just... I have something I want to ask you betty" I tell her, and she nods telling me to go on "we haven't set a date or anything yet. But I was wondering if you would be my maid of honor? You're my best friend" I say gently, and she has the biggest smile on her face and wrap me in a big hug "of course! I would be honored Ellie" she says, and we are both really excited. 

A few years ago, it would probably be Lauren who was my maid of honor, but the last three years betty and I have been closer, so it only makes sense that I asked her. I love Lauren, and I want her as one of my bridesmaids, but I'm way closer to betty. Sometimes distance make friends grow apart, and that's perfectly okay. She has different priorities and lives in a different state now, which is perfectly fine. 

**

Arriving at the venue I'm really excited to see what our parents have done with it. Neither Alex or I have had much say, they wanted it to be a surprise for us and it means one less thing for me to think about so it's perfect. I just had to get ready and show up where I was told, perfect for me. 

Viviane meet us in the entryway to the local members only club that his family owns. It's a beautiful property that also has a golf course on it for members. Alex and I have been golfing here before and swam in the huge pool they have. It's the perfect place to have something like this.