55

Jennie walked out of the house and toss the keys to the new car she bought for Lisa to one of her guards to park properly.

Only stopping when she reached a certain distance away from the main mansion and glanced behind her to see if anyone had been following her.

Jennie then glared at her vibrating phone, at the caller's ID that had Hanbin Kim written in bold letters. What the heck did the fucker want?

Hanbin never called her, he never called anyone when he wanted something, he just mysteriously showed up out of nowhere so why the hell was he calling now?

If you must know, Jennie had all her family members on her contact list. Not because she wanted to call to check up on them but to know it was them when they called so she could ignore it. Only her grandmother was truly an exemption from this.

Jennie always picked up her calls, she never had time to call but she also never rejected hers.

Frustrated, Jennie answered the fucker's call. "What the fuck do you want?"

Jennie gritted, already counting to ten to hang up if she saw Hanbin wouldn't say anything interesting and was just calling to say hi.

But that was fucking impossible. Hanbin never exchanged pleasantries, the man was a fox in sheep's clothing. A snake. He was always either conniving his way to his goals or blackmailing it out of people.

"Is that how you talk to the person who saved your girlfriend's life?"

And here came the blackmail from the devil himself. Hanbin really was of Kim blood, he never lets an opportunity pass him by without sucking it dry.

"I will fucking talk to you the way I see fit, Hanbin. The way you deserve to be spoken to." Jennie looked over her shoulder again to see if someone was there but there was no one. "Why did you call?"

Jennie could practically hear Hanbin smirking over the phone.

"Oh, I had no idea you were busy. I wonder how busy you would have been if I hadn't been there on that horrible night, doing your job, protecting your woman."

Hanbin let out an evil-sounding chuckle and Jennie's hands tightened around her phone.

Well played, Hanbin. Hitting Jennie where it hurt the most, her ego.

The Kim's most important rule is to protect the person most dear to them before trying to protect others. Accidents do happen but if you care about the person, you would make sure to minimize the chances of it happening.

Kims were fucking territorial beasts, they were also possessive as fuck.

It was a deep wound to a Kim's pride especially one of Jennie's caliber to have all the resources she had, all the power but yet not be able to protect her woman from harm.

It made her look like a spineless pathetic old woman. A fucking weakling.

"Perhaps you would have been busy mourning or maybe even at her funeral trying not to cry your eyes out." Hanbin continued the verbal torture and Jennie grunted.