08

Fifteen years ago

Ouch!" Lisa shouted in pain as she fell on top of Jennie after jumping down a tree, making Jennie lose her balance. Her head forcefully hit the bare ground and instantly felt a splitting headache from the head bash.

Jennie lifted her head a little to get a better look at the girl who had knocked her over, and Lisa was still on top of her with her(L) long black hair falling forward, covering her entire face. Lisa's breathing came out rough with her chest heaving franticly, looking very frightened. Jennie saw how shaky she looked, she raised her hand and gently patted Lisa on the head.

"It's ok, you didn't die." Were the words Jennie said to calm Lisa down and it felt awkward because Jennie didn't know how to calm people down as she had never done it before.

Why did this girl climb up a tree if she was so scared in the first place?

Lisa clung onto her as her small hands clutched Jennie's shirt.

Jennie could feel how fast Lisa's heart was pounding in her chest.

She decided to let Lisa stay on top of her until she got over her shock and her heart rate returned to normal. Taking another look at Lisa, Jennie saw how small and adorable she was with her hair shattered all over her face.

While looking at Lisa, Jennie brushed away the hair that fall on Lisa's face with her heart rapidly slammed against her ribcage as she kept gazing at Lisa.

Lisa looked like a frightened puppy and her hazel eyes were way too beautiful not to look at that Jennie found herself wanting to stare at them forever. She felt like herself being hypnotized like Lisa's eyes were sucking her into an abyss, one she wasn't sure she could ever return from.

But then again Jennie didn't even care about returning and just wanted to get lost in Lisa's beautiful eyes.

Really, how did she get up there in the first place?

What was she even doing up a tree?

Lisa soon stopped trembling, slowly getting back her consciousness after experiencing the fright of her life and when she saw a stranger's body had broken her fall, she tried to get up but felt Jennie's arms wrapped around her, hugging her tightly.

Lisa frown at the sight of Jennie's hands curled around her and started struggling to free herself from her grip.

'What a strange girl she was ' Lisa thought. Like who the heck even hugs a stranger?

Was this girl afraid that she would have died from the fall?

That's why she was hugging her like a constricting snake?

And the only reason Lisa even climbed up the stupid tree in the first place was that she was dared to do so by some kids when she tried to play with them and now look where it has gotten her, in the hands of a life constricting snake.

Jennie might kill her if she kept holding her like that.

Was this girl even aware of how tightly she was hugging her?

Perhaps Lisa might have to smack some sense into this girl and her hands started growing itchy with the thought of hitting someone as she had always been a little too violent for her good but looking at the girl who saved her from actually breaking her legs, she couldn't help feeling remorseful.