18

People in fairytales wake up to the sound of chirping birds, normal people wake up to the sound of their alarm clocks but Lisa's case was different. She was blessed with the opportunity of waking up to the pain of an excruciating headache.

Her first hangover of the year, how wonderful.

Lisa sat on her bed massaging her temples, feeling like her head was going to explode.
She was having the most fascinating dream where she was being kissed by a beautiful stranger wearing an expensive dress and got a little upset when she woke up from it.

She wanted to go back to sleep and continue from where Ms. fine as hell left off but it wasn't possible. It didn't work that way.

Though it was something she knew would never happen to her in real life, it still felt nice to dream about it.

Oh well, Back to the pressing issue at hand, her head still hurt like hell. She blamed Rosie for all this, for introducing her to alcohol.

'It was all her fault while I was just a victim of circumstance.' So she told herself, claiming not to be the cause of her hangover.

Speaking of Rosé, she hadn't spoken to her in days and with that thought, Lisa grabbed her phone from the nightstand and dialed her bestie's number. It started ringing and while waiting for Rosé to pick up, a thought popped into Lisa's head.

How did she get to her room? And why was she still wearing her dress from last night?

The last thing she remembered was her standing on the balcony and the rest was blank.

Rosé picked up the phone at the last ring and when Lisa saw the call had been connected, she quickly pushed the thought away. Her head hurt too damn much to be thinking about things so early in the morning.

"Hello" Lisa heard Rosie's sleepy voice from the other line.

"Hey, you just woke up?" Lisa asked.

"Yeah." Rosie yawned.

"Sleepyhead, you didn't even bother to call. What a friend you are."

"Check your phone again then talk to me." Rosie lazily said and Lisa immediately minimized the call screen. She scrolled through her call logs and saw ten missed calls from Rosé with all of them being from midnight that morning.

"Oops... Sorry about that." Lisa apologized, scratching the back of her neck.

"No problem but really, what were you doing that kept you from answering or even seeing the missed calls?" Rosie asked and even Lisa couldn't help but ask herself the same question. What was she doing?

"I guess I fell asleep but then I had this weird dream where I was kissing a beautiful stranger, crazy right? Anyway never mind, it must be due to all the K-dramas you make me watch." Lisa said then heard Rosie gasp and squeal from the phone.

"Don't you understand what this means? This is a sign, a sign that you will soon find the love of your life." She said while giggling.

"Oh, spare me," Lisa said in a tired voice, not wanting Rosie to start preaching to her about love and soulmates like she always did.

It was too early in the morning for that and her head still hurt.