29

"Maybe," Lisa answered while staring out the window and Jennie felt the urge to pinch her squishy cheeks.

Jennie stretched out her hand to Lisa's cheeks but she quickly noticed what Jennie wanted to do and made a sound of disapproval before swatting her hand away. Glaring at Jennie again when she heard Jennie chuckle.

"How can you be this cute?" Jennie laughed on seeing the vicious dagger glares her little pup was directing to her. Lisa's teeth clenched, grinding a curse, and decided to change the topic.

"Why are you driving tonight? Where is your driver?" Lisa asked and Jennie took a glance at her before returning her attention to the road.

"His wife is in labor so he went to the hospital, it was on short notice. Besides, I like it this way, now it's just the both of us." Jennie said and Lisa didn't miss the passion and tenderness in her voice. The tenderness that confused her, that made her feel conflicted.
The same one that scared her.

Lisa might have acted like she had her shit together like she was living the best life but deep inside she was just an empty void. Lisa acted like she was okay, fucking fooled everyone around her to believe she was happy but couldn't fool herself.

She couldn't lie to herself and over the years she thought that the best thing for her to do was to shut people out, to limit the number of people in her life, so it would be way easier to hide her broken parts.

To protect herself from being vulnerable again. To prevent people from seeing her vulnerable, she pushed everyone away, even her own family sometimes.

But with Jennie, things were different. Even without Jennie knowing, she was melting down Lisa's tall walls of ice. Forget melting, Jennie was fucking demolishing them with a bulldozer, leaving her open and exposed to her.

Vulnerable.

Jennie was invading her in every single way possible and Lisa was still yet to figure out whether she liked Jennie doing it or not. All she knew was that it felt different.

New. Exciting.

Something she might be willing to give a shot despite Jennie being forbidden fruit.

"Jennie, can you please give me your phone?" Lisa asked and Jennie looked at her with creased brows for a second before nodding.

"Okay." Jennie responded and fished out her phone from her purse. " Here you go." She unlocked it and handed it over to Lisa without even asking why she needed it.

The level of trust Jennie had in Lisa was astonishing.

Lisa took the phone from Jennie's hand, stared at it for a little while then took a deep breath before saving her number in it. She didn't know if what she was doing was a good idea or not. It wasn't reasonable, well according to her logic it wasn't but part of her wanted to let go of all the hurt and be happy. To open up and let people in again, to give Jennie a chance.

That part of her was the part that had a crush on Jennie. Lisa didn't even know if she would regret doing it later, all she knew was that she wasn't repulsed by Jennie's presence or by her touches.

Jennie's not-so-innocent insolent touches.

Lisa handed the phone back to Jennie and looked away so Jennie wouldn't see her blushing face. Jennie looked at her phone and the smile she already had on her face widened, almost touching her forehead.