25

While going through paperwork in her office, Lisa's door flew open and Rose walked in.

Rosé intentionally walked in with loud steps, trying to get her supposedly busy friend's attention. Lisa looked up when she heard the loud sound of heels clicking and saw Rosé with a sullen expression on her face, acting like an attention-deprived baby. But instead of asking what was wrong, Lisa chose to ignore her spoilt friend's tantrums and continued focusing on what she was doing before Rosé interrupted.

After deliberately being ignored, Rosé stared at Lisa with her mouth agape, wondering how her friend could act so cruel towards her.

Still, on her quest to gain Lisa's attention, Rosé moved to the leather couch and threw her body on it.

"I'm hungry," Rosé said, adjusting her body to a more comfortable spot on the couch.

She laid on her stomach, swinging her slender legs in the air, and used her hands to support her face. Flashing Lisa an innocent smile, Rosé looked like a little child asking her mom for treats.

"You are an adult, Rosé. If you are hungry then go find food for yourself." Lisa said without taking her eyes off the documents she was reading, not bothering to even glance at her childish friend.

"I want you to take me out for lunch," Rosé said, shifting a little to the arm of the couch.

"Do I look like Ace to you? I'm busy, go play outside." Lisa responded like a busy mother shooing her annoying kid away.

"You don't have to be Ace to take me out for lunch. We can go to that restaurant you like." Rose happily suggested, trying to lure her bestie into agreeing to her request by using her favorite restaurant as bait. Lisa dropped the files in her hands and looked at Rosé.

"First of all, don't try to tempt me with my favorite restaurant. Secondly, I'm busy right now. Even if I wasn't, the place is forty-five minutes away from here and we still have work to do. We would be wasting too much time just by going there." Lisa explained, trying to make Rosé understand the reason for her refusal but Rosé on the other hand wasn't ready to go up just yet. She stubbornly shook her head and persisted.

"On the contrary my dear friend, I just checked your schedule and saw that you were free for the rest of the day. You won't be attending any meetings today so you technically don't have anything better to do.

You are just acting like the little nerd you are by reviewing the documents that have already been reviewed three times." Rosé grinned, knowing she had won the argument before it even began like she always did.

When it came to arguing with Rosé, Lisa was powerless and could never seem to win against her.

Lisa rolled her eyes and let out a sigh when she saw Rosé grinning Victoriously at her.

She knew Rose was just bored in her office and decided to come to interrupt her work. And despite how immature Rose could be, she was still one of the smartest women Lisa had ever met. Rose happily stood up from the couch when she saw Lisa getting up as well and reached out for her purse.

"I'll drive." Rose eagerly said, making Lisa roll her eyes at her again.

"Of course you will, I can't be buying you lunch and driving you all together," Lisa said in a sassy tone, walking out the door. They went to the parking lot and Rose got on the driver's seat with a grin still on her face while Lisa got on the passenger's seat.