23

Peaceful wasn't the right adjective to be used when describing the time Lisa spent with Jennie.

Lisa was a grown woman but still felt flustered like a starstruck teenager. She couldn't help but tremble inwardly every time Jennie innocently touched her even though deep down she knew Jennie's touches weren't innocent.

At least the intent wasn't but still couldn't help it. Lisa clung to Jennie's every word, hoping she would touch her more.

It was utterly annoying and frustrating to Lisa, she didn't want to feel this way or even think about it. Jennie was doing all this to her on purpose, she knew that for sure and it only made her hate herself even more for reacting to it. To Jennie's dark magic.

Jennie walked her into the building, despite how many times She told Jennie that She didn't have to. Her apartment was on the highest floor so they had to take the elevator there and thankfully, the ride was quiet, with none of them speaking a single word. And Lisa had her eyes looking everywhere but at Jennie. Stepping out of the elevator, with a firm hand on the middle of Lisa's back, Jennie guided her to her apartment door.

"Thank you for the ride." Lisa said sincerely as they approached her apartment door.

"You're welcome." Jennie responded. "I guess I would be hearing from you." She added and Lisa's brows furrowed as she narrowed her eyes at Jennie.

"Why?"

"Because I will be in touch," Jennie responded and Lisa raised a brow questioningly at Jennie which she ignored, acting like she didn't see it in the first place.

'This woman was really something.' Lisa thought inwardly.

They were in the middle of the hallway with Lisa's apartment door just being a few feet away, Lisa turned to Jennie and politely said; " You don't need to escort me to my apartment door, I am more than capable of making it there on my own."

"But as a gentlewoman i want to see you safe." Jennie said while Lisa cried internally.

What was this woman's head made of? Doesn't she get that Lisa was trying to ditch her? Why was she still here?

"And are you always a gentlewoman?" Lisa accidentally blurted out and subconsciously bit her lower lip in fear that she might have said something offensive to Jennie, the woman who was supposed to have a habit of making people disappear.

But truth be told, Lisa found it hard to believe that the Jennie Kim is in front of her now was the same one she used to hear about. The Jennie Kim that Kristina and Jisoo argued over, the same one who was rumored to be running the biggest mafia organization in America and Korea.

It was really hard for her to believe that they were supposed to be the same person because the woman in front of her seemed different. Excluding her shameless character, this woman was kinda friendly, brazen but friendly. Nice to talk to when Jennie wasn't murdering her with that shameless mouth of hers.

Lisa didn't know why those rumors about Jennie circulated in the first place when she was such a nice woman.

Instead of getting offended, Jennie laughed it off before saying; " Definitely not. Most people would compare me to an untamed beast. A lion."

"Is it because you're wild?" Lisa asked and Jennie smiled at her.

"Partially, but more because I'm a predator, a hunter when I see something I want I go after it no matter what." Jennie answered, liking how more relaxed Lisa was getting around her.