09

Back to the present

Jennie picked up her phone and scrolled through her contacts until she reached the one she wanted. She then dialed it and it rang twice before it was answered.

"Boss?" That was the first thing the person on the other line said.

"I need you to look into someone, the CEO of Atlas, find out everything you can about her". Jennie commanded. " I won't tolerate any slip ups, do I make myself clear?" She asked.

"Crystal!" The man on the other line answered.

"One more thing, Kristina Brüschweiler, Find her!" With that She hung up, leaving no room for debates, not like she would even condone any. To her people, Jennie's word was law and was never to be questioned.

Jennie slipped her phone back into her pocket and sunk deeper into her chair. She cast her eyes to the ceiling, taking deep breaths to calm herself down as she needed to think but her mind kept drifting off to Lisa, that sneaky little minx. She wondered what Lisa could be thinking because by now then Jennie shook her head at her pitiful state.

She stood up and walked out of the room as it was getting very depressing. It was even more wretched than her current problems. She walked out of the building to where her car was parked. Getting into the car, the driver immediately started the ignition and drove off.

She sat in the backseat of her Maybach, angrily scrolling through the files one of her lackeys emailed her a while ago.

A frown marred her gorgeous face, showing off how pissed she was. She was fuming even, with smoke coming out of her ears. Jennie had just found out that one of her family's many enemies, Lazzerro, had been secretly selling drugs in her territory and was trying to drag Jennie along with him now that the police were at his neck.

It wasn't news anymore in the underworld that Lazzerro dealt in drug smuggling and trafficking prostitutes, it didn't bother anyone because that was exactly how most people in the underworld made a living.

Jennie Kim was an exception in this case because she didn't traffic girls for prostitution but it didn't mean her hands were clean either. No, they were very much as dirty because she was one of the major weapons dealer in the country.

Jennie dealt in illegal smuggling of weapons into the country and sold them to the highest bidder. It was what made her so rich, earning her the title of the richest mafia in the country.

It wasn't much of a surprise to Jennie that Lazzerro still dealt in the dark acts of the mafia world despite his old age. Lazzerro always had his hands deep in such things for the longest time and it never bothered Jennie how the spineless old fool paid his bills or that of his countless Mistresses.

Judging from Lazzerro's old age and how many whores he kept around him, People still actually wondered how he was able to function properly.

But that wasn't any of Jennie's business, what pissed her off was the fact that Lazzerro was using one of her territories as a base for shipping drugs into the country right from under her nose. And now that Lazzerro's cheap ass got caught, she was indirectly implicating Jennie as well in her mess, making it look like they were in cahoots with each other.

But instead of putting a bullet in Lazzerro's head, Jennie decided to visit the old fucker. She went to Lazzerro's villa, hoping that they could at least peacefully discuss the matter like the civilized people they were and not decorate each other with bullet holes.

Jennie knew killing Lazzerro would just renew the generational rivalry between both families and there would be unnecessary bloodshed. Not that Jennie wasn't down with shedding that motherfucker's blood but her bullets were too precious to be wasted on those stray Dante dogs.

The Kim and Lazzerro Dante always had bad blood between them and it dated back to even before Jennie's father was born. But despite the hatred both families had for each other, Jennie didn't have anything against Lazzerro except for the fact that he was fond of creating a ruckus. Lazzerro's jobs were never done clean. He always left a clear trail of blood and drug money that could easily be used to trace back to her.

Jennie had her driver park the car a little close to the property just in case things don't go as peacefully as she planned for it to go and they eventually end up firing stray bullets. It would then be easier to escape that shit hole.

Jennie walked into Lazzerro's villa with twelve of her best-trained assassins and even had snipers situated around the vicinity, watching for any suspicious actions against her.

She didn't want to take any chances, Jennie was walking into the enemy's den for Christ's sake but in case shit actually does down there, she would have her men rain hell down on the place.

Jennie strode into the place like it belonged to her, even Lazzerro's guard didn't try to stop her because they knew very well who she was.

The Queen. The person that people who were afraid of death never messed with.

The grim reaper herself, Jennie literally took people by the hand and led them to hell, but not before letting them experience a little piece of the hell she created for those unfortunate souls on earth.

Jennie stepped into the building and the first thing she saw made her skin crawl in disgust. Half naked women everywhere, wearing clothes that made walking stark naked look more decent in comparison. The number of women there was ridiculous but it was exactly how Jennie had imagined it to be. All the women there looked young, younger than her even, maybe with a few years or more.

Who would have thought the old bastard actually brought his work home with him and judging by the way the women were freely moving and laughing around, he could tell that those ones weren't forced.

Jennie was too irritated by the sight of young girls throwing their lives away just to make a quick buck to even notice how expensive the house looked from the inside. Built entirely from drug money, its interior could rival the famous villa Gajah Putih in Bali. It wasn't a shocker though, Lazzerro was always the one to throw money at the most useless of things.