24

As the darkness of night made way for the bright morning, the rays of sunlight peeked at her through the cracks of the curtains that covered the window, indicating it was time to wake up but Lisa didn't want to.

She wanted to get a couple more minutes of sleep and perhaps get married to her bed in the process. Moving to a more comfortable spot, Liaa continued snuggling with her pillow and was about to drift back to sleep when a memory of what happened yesterday resurfaced in her mind, making her face instantly turn red.

Lisa fanned her face in an attempt to cool it down, recalling all Jennie's shameless acts and words that still sent shivers through her. It was annoying, she was attracted to Jennie but at the same time didn't want to be.

Lisa didn't want Jennie to think she was that easy to score one with and hoped Jennie couldn't guess how much she affected her.

She wanted to blame her attraction towards Jennie on some kind of psychological syndrome but she couldn't think of any. Was there even one that made for a person to fall for their extremely beautiful business partners? Guess not.

She just had to face it, the woman was hot, gorgeous, sexy with a voice made for latenight radio and dirty words or even better, dirty acts.

Lisa dragged herself off the bed and got ready for work. She was about to exit her apartment when she got a text from Kristina, saying she would be in New York again next week for some photoshoot and was wondering if they could hang out.

Well, of course, it was a yes, how could Lisa refuse her sister? Despite Kristina's teasing nature and the fact that she was kind of a pain in the ass sometimes, Lisa still loved spending time with her.

They were family and Lisa adored her sister. Kristina was Lisa's idol and one of Lisa's greatest well-wishers who would do anything for her. Although they haven't always been this close before because of some past sibling rivalry but soon became inseparable.

In the past, Kristina used to be mean to Lisa. She used to say that Lisa didn't belong in their family because she was illegitimate and also used to call her hurtful names like 'their father's unwanted mistake'.

Kristina didn't even like looking at Lisa's face before, she detested her and the only sibling who always treated Lisa well was Jisoo. Even Lisa's other stepfamily didn't like her much and her grandparents from both sides were worse.

Lisa's father's parents tagged her as their son's bastard and her mother's parents saw her as the mistake their daughter made out of foolishness.

This was why Lisa always refused whenever her mother asked her to come live with her. Lisa didn't want to be an inconvenience to her mother's new family so she chose to stay away. And that left Jisoo, Regina, and her father who actually loved her from the start so she decided to stay with them instead.

Life hadn't always been rainbows and unicorns for Lisa. She had to face a lot of shit that people threw at her, a lot of negative words, bad vibes and though Regina alongside her husband tried their best to shield Lisa from all the harsh critics, they really couldn't stop people from speaking their minds.

It wasn't only Lisa who got criticized but Regina as well. After Regina accepted to raise her husband's illegitimate child as her own, her parents were greatly disappointed in her. They thought she had gone soft and called her a fool. Saying that she was blinded by the love she had for her husband and was being turned into a nanny for Nathaniel's bastard children.