Chapter 31

Xenia flew over to where she first found Hels. The sun was rising now rather than setting but she still found it stunning. "Why is this happening?" she asked to herself "Everyone I care about. Grian, Xisuma, Hels..." How desperately she wanted it all back to normal. When she and Xisuma would laugh, sing, play and duel without a care in the world except for the next time they got pranked.

She hated this feeling of vulnerability. As if anyone could hurt someone she loved and she couldn't do anything. She most certainly hadn't been able to protect them this time and neither could they protect themselves. Xenia knew Hels, Xisuma and Grian enough to know that they could protect themselves.

"Why me of all people?" she asked as if hoping for an answer from the wind. Then it struck her. She desperately hoped her theory was wrong but there wasn't much for it to be wrong. "This is my punishment." She remembered it clear as day when the voice spoke, telling her to do what Zena told Grian.

"Your brother will die at my hands if you don't and before that, we'll play a little game."

It had spoken years ago, when Xisuma had just joined Hermitcraft. Was it happening now? If it was, XeniaVoid was in big trouble. "I'm not gonna let that happen," she told herself firmly "We'll win this battle. No one kills my brother except for me." The sun had risen now, bathing the server in light and a refreshing feel.

Xenia breathed in this feeling and let slight relief wash over her. She got a message from Mumbo who was watching Grian with Iskall. "It's worked. Grian's back to normal." she read aloud. She smiled gratefully. Mumbo really was a good friend to Grian and if there was a way to bring the gremlin back, there was a way to bring Hels back.

She sat there for a little while until she saw a glint of armor in the distance which was obviously Hels. He was coming her way. Xenia didn't know what to do so she stayed there. Hels landed and glared at Xenia who rolled her eyes. Was he really mad at her for just existing? The real Hels wouldn't be.

"I don't like your attitude," he grumbled. "I didn't even say anything!" she exclaimed. "See?" Hels pointed out "Attitude." On the outside, Xenia groaned as if in annoyance but on the inside, a spark of hope flickered. The real Hels liked to say something and let Xenia's reaction speak for itself. Like that night on Grian's base.

"Oh, alright," grumbled Xenia, raising her hands in mock surrender. She sat down and Hels surprisingly followed. "Huh," she whispered under her breath. "Hels," she said suddenly as a thought struck her "What do you think of the sunset?" Hels's eyes settled on red as he said "It's as pretty as you are."

They switched back to black instantly but that's all she needed real Hels to say. Xenia tackled Hels in a hug and he hugged back. Hels's eyes began flickering and Xenia knew what was going to happen next. She had a splash potion of healing in her hotbar in case she needed it. She felt him lean on her and she splashed him.

"Thanks," he muttered. Xenia smiled at having achieved her task and moreover brought Hels back. "I missed you," she said, wrapping her arms around the knight. "You too," he said, still embracing her. The warmth of the Nether and the cold of the Void, Who would expect polar opposites to get together? One thing remained in her mind. The possession was a first step. A warning.

"Hels," she said looking him in the eye "Get ready to fight."

I had this written - I promise.
I was just too much of an idiot to publish it-
Sorry-

RB signing out!
Cya!

<Ruby_Blue2010 left the game>