Prologue

"Call Zena here" said Xen
Xen was the mother of two young children. Zena was the older of the two. She, like her mother, brother and late father, had beautiful lavender eyes which shone with a sparkle of innocence.

"Yes, your majesty" said Zatin who was Zena's most faithful servant. Zena sighed and fidgeted with a chain around her neck. She followed it with her fingers and stopped when they hit something. It was a lavender gem which glowed wonderfully. She observed it for a while and saw the glow dim. Very slightly though, almost invisible but it was there, Xen had seen it. Her eyes widened out of worry but not for herself, her children.

Now burdened by this new information, she fiddled with her cloak and stuffed the locket inside her cloak. "She's here" came Zatin's voice which caused Xen to look up and smile.
Xen loved her children more than anything and she would die for them. Any day, anywhere, any time.

"Yes, mum?" asked Zena. Xen nodded and gestured for Zatin to leave and rest. He obliged willingly, he too was tired.
Xen then gestured for Zena to sit on the chair near her. Zena did as her mother told, always. This time was no different.

"Zena, honey" her mother started, looking down at Zena's curious face. 'She's too innocent, too pure to know' she thought. "Honey, you one day will be chief. One day, you will lead the Watchers. I want you to lead them right. I don't want them to become like the Voidwalkers. You know the wars they have started." 

Zena nodded in understanding. She knew.
She knew what they did.
Voidwalkers, in their mind were horrible, ruthless creatures who don't deserve what they have.
This all was true. The Voidwalkers started The War. They started it and the Watchers wanted to end it.

The Voidwalkers killed so many Watchers, who wanted to defend. Even worse, they planted this image in the players' mind in which Watchers were evil and they were the amazing heroes who saved the world.

Voidwalkers had affected Xen and her family more than normal. They were the reason Lix was dead. Lix was an amazing man and was chief. When he died, Xen, in her grief was forced to take over the Watchers and lead them. She not only was sad, she was angry. She was the reason they won the recent battles.

The gem around her neck represented her life, the dimmer it was, the closer she was to death.

Zena yawned which snapped Xen out of her thoughts. "Zena, honey, go to bed. Make sure Xelqua is asleep, won't you?"

Zena walked down the long passageway to her and Xelqua's room.
Inside Xelqua was sitting on the bed, his eyes glowing with curiosity.

"So, what did she say?" he asked excitedly.
"She said you should be asleep." said Zena playfully, earning a groan from Xelqua.
"Aww man!"

She tucked Xelqua in bed and sat on the foot of it. She sang a lullaby which was well known among the Watchers.

"Close your eyes
Don't let them take you over
Don't you cry
About mountains you hover
Let them die
Don't get too close
Don't run away
Stay with me
For all eternity"

By the end, Xelqua was yawning and his eyes were drooping. In his sleepiness he muttered "I wanna be a fighter, just like daddy."

Zena smiled at her little brother and crossed the room to reach her bed. She sank into a deep sleep. But before she did she muttered something under her breath.

"I love you Xelqua, always and forever."

A/N: Hope y'all like it! This is my first story and I'm tryna make it sound good. Also, most chapters will be this long if not slightly longer. I'll try and aim for 900+ words per chapter.
RB signing out!
Cya!

<Ruby_Blue2010 has left the game>