Chapter 22

"Xenia!" yelled Xisuma. He watched helplessly as his sister crumbled under the effect of the potion. Xisuma rushed to help his sister. He held her limp form in his hands and checked her breathing. It was ragged like a piece of cloth left outside for weeks. "Who," he asked, trying to keep anger out of his voice, "Who threw the potion?" 

Doc backed away and flew off, hoping no one would notice his disappearance. "Xisuma does care for her," he mused. A possibility came to his mind. One he hoped wasn't true. "What if she has changed?" The creeper tried not to think about this as he flew, spamming more rockets than he needed to.

Back at Xisuma's base, Stress was setting Xenia on a bed. She advised for everyone to leave the room while she worked but Xisuma was persistent - he wanted to stay. He finally convinced her by telling her that he was the only one who could take off her helmet. "I don't understand," murmured Stress. "What?" asked Xisuma, wanting to know what happened to Xenia.

Stress quickly pulled out a book in which a lot of her medical treatments were written. Ailments for the oddest disease were written in it so Xisuma and Stress were sure the answer would be in there. Xisuma paced around in the room while Stress flipped through the pages. She couldn't find much. The Ice Queen then brought out a book she never thought she'd ever have to use.

~~~~

"Mumbo she's my friend!" yelled Grian. Mumbo and Grian were at Grian's base and the duo were wondering who threw the potion. Mumbo was doing the actual thinking which strained his two brain-cells while Grian panicked. "It'll be okay," said Mumbo, trying to calm the gremlin down "Stress knows what she's doing. I hope."

"Mumbo, I- who would do such a thing?!" asked Grian, clearly worried for Xenia. Mumbo shook his head "I don't know. Also why do you care so much?" Grian sighed, "After Zena, she was the next best thing. My real sister never cared about what I did or who I am." Mumbo muttered a little 'oh' and fiddled with his thumbs, not knowing what to say or how to reply.

"I've only got one good memory with my sister," said Grian, trying to remember.

Xelqua jumped on the bed, messing up the bedsheets. Zena walked in, extremely tired from training. She pinched the bridge of her nose as she saw the mess her brother made. Xelqua's eyes twinkled with joy as Zena walked in. "Zena! Zena! Zena!" he exclaimed, jumping around her. "Okay, okay, settle down, birdie."

She made her way to the bed somehow and Xelqua sat next to her. She opened a book which lay on the nightstand. Zena blew off the dust and opened it. "See," she said, pointing to a picture in the book "That's your father." The man in the picture had mousy brown hair which lay untamed. Like the rest of the family, his eyes gleamed lavender.

He had the starting of a beard which never grew. He smiled towards the camera with the warmth and pride of a father of two. Zena smiled sadly and a tear slipped out of the corner of her eye and hit the edge of the page, where no pictures had a spot. "Okay, birdie, bed time." Xelqua laughed and ran around the room, avoiding his sister.

~~~~

Stress finally found the page she was looking for. "Xisuma, come 'ere," Xisuma crossed the room and sat beside Stress. "As you know, Xisuma, a potion of harming would never cause the damage that happened here." Xisuma shook his head "It was clearly a potion of harming," he said. "Actually, a spell. A mighty difficult one has been cast upon her which gives the potion this effect," her tone implied that there was more. "And?" asked Xisuma.

"Xisuma, if she dies, she won't re-spawn."

And another cliffhanger! Enjoy! Don't worry, I doubt I wanna kill Xia this early. She can live, for now...

RB signing out!
Cya!

<Ruby_Blue2010 left the game>