Chapter 12

Hi! I'm back!

Grian's gag was torturing him. It was killing him on the inside and out. The chains were burning scars in his wrists and if he would ever be free, it would be everlasting. Tears pricked at his eyes and threatened to run down his face. Zena would occasionally come down and taunt him. Grian hated it, he hated her.

Every time he heard footsteps followed by the sound of a cloak being dragged along the floor, he groaned - or tried to. The gag was stopping him from doing that so a gurgle in his throat is all that came out.

Zena came down and wore a scowl on her face. "Listen," she said "I will change your chain arrangements. No trying to escape, you won't get far." Grian was forced to nod as Zena's guards came in and started taking his chains down. He wanted to run but he knew Zena would recapture him.

He let the guards do their work and he was shoved around a lot. He didn't know how much time passed but he knew when they were done something was wrong. For starters, he was blindfolded, not gagged.

The chains on the ceiling and around his hand were removed and only the ones on the floor remained. "Why," he muttered before falling unconscious because of the stabbing pain in his wrists and his legs. The last thing he saw was the white cloth of the blindfold before he blacked out.

~~~~

Grian woke up to the sound of a girl sobbing. She seemed not much younger than he was and the gasps had a familiarity to it. He listened to it helplessly as he wanted to take his blindfold off but his hands were tied. He'd been down there for a few days and he hated it.

It wasn't until a few hours had passed till he realized who them person was. As he understood, he could have cried tears of joy. He thought he'd lost her and there he was. 'She must be blindfolded as well,' he thought.

He drew in a croaky breath because he was given very less water. He was given food and water but not a lot. Only enough to survive. He suspected on person and one person only to respond. He called out her name "Pearl?"

The sobbing stopped and Pearl responded "I thought you were dead, Grian!" Grian's heart positively leapt at her voice. "So did I, how did you survive?" Silence. Then Pearl spoke again, her voice shuddering and low as though she hated to remember what happened at Evo.

"Taurtis - h-h-he jumped in front of me to save me because we were the only ones the Watchers didn't kill. Th-then a Watcher aimed for me, nearly hit be b-but Taurtis jumped in front of me a-and he took the blast."

"Oh," murmured Grian softly, knowing Taurtis must have died and he knew that even Watcher magic didn't work in these situations. His friends were gone just like that, in a flash of light. He really wanted to kill Zena now. He wanted to see her cry, cry like he did.

He heard the familiar sound of Zena coming down the stairs and Pearl must have as well because she fell silent. "Bring him out,"

In a few minutes, Grian was out of the cell, his blindfold removed and he was standing in front of Zena. He saw Pearl, blindfolded as he had been. Zena eyed him, head to toe. "Xelqua, we have a mission for you."

Grian held his breath in anticipation, waiting to see what Zena was going to do to him, what torture she was gonna make him endure. She dragged him out of the dungeons and into the throne room. She stayed silent the entire way. When they reached, she motioned for her guards to leave. 

"You, Xelqua, will be destroying the server they call Hermitcraft."

Finally! Some Hermitcraft! I was waiting for that. Also more angst is due so strap yourselves in and get ready! This book is soo close to 500 views. First of all, TYSM! Second, can we get it to 500? Have fun with your cliffhanger!

RB signing out!
Cya!

<Ruby_Blue2010 has left the game>