chapter 26

Vikram was still holding kabir. Diya stood infront of him

Diya- Kabir hold yourself. Zara needs you the most today. You have to handle her. You can't become weak now its your turn to support her , hold her.
Diya cupped his face in between her hands..
Kabir your zara needs you.

Kabir nodded his head, diya wiped his tears and Vikram ruffle his hair. Soon nurse inform them that Zara is gaining consciousness.

Vardhan gestured kabir to go inside. But nurse told them that zara was asking for her whole family.

Zara was sitting on bed. She knows that her family have right to know and what happen today they must be worried sick for her. So far she was able to hide her dark past from everyone,  she thought that she is able to move on from it. But no her past will never leave her alone. His voice was enough to push her again in that pit of darkness. She closes her eyes. Today she will tell everything to her family, may be they will be able to heal her , help her. Kabir was the first one to entered in the room, he ran towards zara and hugged her. Zara also hugged him. His presence was enough to give her strength. Kabir hold her face and looked at her. Her hands were bandaged. Kabir eyes were red, zara caresses his head and shook her head.

Kabir- why didnt you tell me anything zara. He asked her but soon everyone entered in the room except Aviraj, his nani called him and asked him to come.

Pakhi- Zara how are you bache. Zara just nodded her head. Vivan sat beside her and caresses her head. She smiled at him. She saw her family, who was not related to her by blood but who loved her unconditionally. Veer, vardhan and Vivan always treated her like their own daughter. Aarohi, siya and pakhi have given her motherly love. Adhya and Diya were her sister and Vikram and Arjun her brother. Today she felt safe and protective.

Zara- I was 7 years old when my parents died. Kabir hold zara tightly when she starts sharing her past. Vivan also hold her hand.

They died in a car accident. Soon after they dead, my father's sister took me in her house. Initially everything was fine, they treated me as their daughter but soon things start changing.

Pakhi and siya sucked in their breath bracing themself to hear the most difficult part. Diya was holding Aadhya.

Zara- one day my aunt came from her work , she was looking very angry when i went towards her with a glass of water out of no where she slapped me hard. I remember falling on floor. I was shocked never in my life my parents raised their hands on me. But soon my aunt said sorry to me she told me that today was a very bad day for her, and she was  very frustrated and in that she hit me, it wont happened again. I was so naive that i believed her. But then she starts hitting me again and again. Soon her husband also join. They both beat me with belt,  with hands whatever comes in their hands ,their use to beat me with that. At one ponit i became numb from the pain.

Vivan eyes welled up he hold Zara's hand tightly. Kabir closes his eyes, trying to calm himself, hearing someone beating Zara, his anger was taking control, Vikram put his hand on Kabir's shoulder. Vardhan and Veer also clenched their fist. What kind of monsters they were.

Zara- but it was not the end of my abuse infact it was the beginning. They treated me like a punching bag for more than 2 months. After 2 months their son came to live with us.
Zara's body started to tremble. Her breathing become quickened.

Kabir opened his eyes and made her looked at him.

Kabir- Zara you dont need to remember that.. that's enough for today but zara shook her head.. today she got courage to finally speak about that day. She cant back out now, she have to let it out ,

Kabir tighten his hold on her.

Zara- initially he tried to help me by stopping his parents from hitting. After his arrival things became better, his parents stopped beating me, i look at him as my brother. But again they proved me wrong. Again they showed me that world is full of monsters. Soon he starts touching me inappropriately. I become uncomfortable around him. He used to secretly watch me doing work, cleaning. I felt dirty under his gaze. One day he tried to kiss me but somehow i ran from there locked myself in the room. He kept banging the door whole night but i didn't open it. Next morning again his parents starts hitting me. It was two days after that incident, his dadi and one of his cousin visited our house. After everyone slept, i was going to sleep in my room but he covered my face and brought me to his room..zara closes his eyes remembering that incident which left a mark on her soul. she was only 8 years old. He starts kissing me, i was thrashing, i was kicking him but he was too strong. He teared my dress and slapped me to be quite.

Kabir clenched his fist, vikram hold on him tighten.

He was an animal kabir,  he was an animal, i was begging him to stop, but he was enjoying it, you know what he did he bite me kabir, he starts biting me. Zara was sobbing badly. Kabir hugged her. Tears were streaming down from everyone's face.

Zara-But that day god helped me he send someone to save me.. his cousin hit him on his head with a vase. He .. he.. helped me ..... he covered me with his shirt and.. opened the back door. He just told me to run ... run as far as i can and i ran . I ran from there ,from that hell. I kept running, i never turned back.. i never turned back.. zara was crying bitterly. As soon as zara told them everything vivan hugged Zara tightly.

Vivan- sshshhhh we are here bache we are here. No one can harm you now. No one... ssshhs. Zara was crying loudly.
You are very brave zara. You are very brave. Vivan cupped her face and said

Zara remember from now onwards we are with you. No one i meant no one can hurt you. I am so proud of you zara so so proud. My bache you are very strong. Vivan again hugged her and soon she fell asleep due the effect of medicines. Vivan tucked Zara under blanket. Everyone kissed her forehead and left from there. Only kabir was there with her.

As soon as they came from Zara's room Aadhya and diya hugged veer and vivan. Today their both understood how lucky they were having dads like them, who protected their daughters from all bad people. Ruhanika was missing Aviraj after hearing what zara went through she felt lucky that atleast she had her brother to protect her. Unknown to her it was her brother who saved zara that day. It was Aviraj who helped zara to run. Zara always wanted to meet that boy who saved her life,  she owed him her life.