𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟓 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
CHANGES
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

»»————- ONE WEEK LATER -————-««

Jun couldn't believe that a week had already passed and that life in Konoha was taking its usual course. For her it was still incomprehensible that Sasuke was no longer there and yet she had accepted this fact.

No one could do anything about it and now it was a matter of rebuilding the village and protecting it from possible dangers that would lurk in the future and above all to strengthen and stabilize the armed forces.

She had been on three different missions in the last few days to gather information about Akatsuki. Unfortunately, every clue they received came to nothing and after a week they were still at the beginning.

No one knew exactly what they were up to. Even Jun, who had overheard the conversations between Orochimaru and Itachi, only knew that they were searching for all the Jinchuuriki. But what they were trying to accomplish, she didn't know herself.

It was almost like a race against time, because no one knew what they were up to and when they would attack where to complete their goal. And that gnawed at every Shinobi in every village.

The time she could spend with Kakashi was also rare because he too was sent on missions and most of the time they didn't see each other until the evening and by then they were both far too exhausted to enjoy each other's presence.

The most important thing for Jun, however, was that he came home healthy every time and that was worth so much more than the fact that they didn't have as much time for each other as they had a few weeks ago.

Jun sat by Naruto's bed in the hospital after he returned from a mission and gently stroked his hand as she waited for him to finally wake up.

She knew the day had come when he would leave the village with Jiraya to train. But this time he would not stay away only for a week or a month and that was what she was most afraid of.

When Jiraya told her that he wanted to train with Naruto for two years outside of the village and his familiar surroundings, she was almost ready to disagree because she was afraid that something might happen to him.

But she was neither a part of his family nor his guardian and so Naruto could decide for himself whether he would agree to this training or not. And of course, he didn't have to think twice, because who would turn down training with the legendary Sannin.

"Jun-Sensei.", Naruto said softly, snapping Jun out of her thoughts.

"You know I'll be okay right?", Jun always found it remarkable that he seemed to know and sense exactly what was going on inside her without her having to say it.

"Yeah I know. And yet I'm worried.", she whispered as well and stroked his messy hair from his forehead.

"Long time no see you two.", Jiraya spoke all of a sudden and not only Naruto but also Jun cried out in shock and looked angrily at him.

"Don't give me that 'long time no see' garbage, you jerk Sage. You were talking all big about watching my training, making me your protégé and stuff! Where were you until now?", Naruto immediately started yelling around the room and Jun just rolled her eyes as she lightly punched him in the back of the head.

"Remember who you're talking to right now, Naruto!"

"It's okay, Jun-San. And to your question...I was gathering information."