𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟔

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
UNINVITED GUESTS
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

After the funeral of the Hokage, the village seemed to have lost its complete grip. Missions were assigned to groups that were definitely not yet suitable for them and even so, the village and its inhabitants seemed to be lost.

Without a Hokage, it was difficult to maintain the existing structures and even if the elders did everything they could to compensate for the loss, it was hard to find a routine.

And Jun also felt lost. She was plagued by horrible nightmares of her time in captivity and even if she wished those things had never happened, she couldn't turn back time.

Again and again Kakashi had to wake her up from her dark dreams. She screamed and squirmed around in bed as she kept seeing the images of being tortured and almost killed.

She knew she was in a Genjutsu at the time, and yet she couldn't get those horrible and terrifying images which were burned into her brain out of her head.

Jun wished that these things had never happened. She wished that she could sleep normally and in peace. But that was being denied to her and for now she had to deal with these dreams.

"Are you sure you don't want to rest?", Kakashi asked as they both got ready in his house to stroll around the village a bit since they didn't have a mission at the moment.

"I can't sleep anyway and if I stay in the house one more day I'll probably go completely crazy.", she mumbled quietly and buttoned her jeans pants.

Jun knew very well that Kakashi was also starting to worry about her. He couldn't watch her suffering every night and her screams and the scared look she had were something he could hardly bear.

No matter how many times she talked to him about it and no matter how many times she tried to just forget about these things, she couldn't do it.

All she had left was to somehow distract herself and hope that this trauma would eventually go away on its own.

She had spent the last few days resting after the failed mission and the fight in the arena. When she fought she felt exactly that her body was not fit enough for it yet.

And after everything was over, she had actually slept for two days in a row and from then on Kakashi had taken care of her. He wanted her to recover completely and not to overexert herself.

But it was true that she was slowly going insane just lying around and doing nothing. She had to get out. She had to see something else and feel the sun on her skin.

She had to be around people and distract herself, because that was the only way she could forget these thoughts and these images in her head for a moment and live the life she had led before.

"Kakashi, look.", Jun said with a big grin as they passed a store with deco items and she let go of his hand to look through the window.

"Not more deco.", he grumbled a tiny bit under his mask and walked over to her to look at the things Jun was pointing at all the time.

"Those would look great in your kitchen. You barely have any decorative stuff in your house."

"That's because I don't need it.", Jun looked at him and raised an eyebrow as she really couldn't understand why he thought he didn't need something like that.

"But you need this to make your house look more homey and cozy. Let me buy that. I left my money at your place, though. So...", she just grinned broadly and cheekily held out her open hand to him.