𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟔

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
THE NEW MISSION
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

Thanks to the Research Team of Konoha, Jun had now received some sort of boxes for her phone. She had lent them her phone so that they could research and possibly even reconstruct the technology it contained.

But they hadn't been able to do more than these amplifying boxes so far. But that was enough for her, because now she could plug her phone into this relatively large device and turn up the music pretty loud.

She scrolled through her playlist and decided on rather slow song. She threw her clothes into the hamper in her bedroom before grabbing some fresh underwear and her jogging clothes and getting into the shower. She washed her hair, shaved her body and then tied the towel around her body so she could continue with the facial.

But just as she was about to blow dry her hair, there was a knock on her door and she turned the music down and peeked through the peephole before opening the door and letting Asuma into her apartment.

"Sobered up yet?", he asked with a smirk before taking off his shoes and walking into Jun's apartment.

"A little, yeah. Do you want something to drink?", Asuma nodded and Jun went into the kitchen and put the tea kettle on the stove after filling it with water.

"I see the night was successful?", Jun turned around questioningly and when Asuma pointed to the back of her thighs, she bit her lower lip with a grin and shrugged her shoulders slightly.

"Maybe. Did Kurenai told you everything again?", they both had to laugh and Jun prepared the tea before placing both cups on the living room table and sitting down next to him.

"You're certainly not here to ask me how my night was, are you?", he shook his head and carefully took a sip of his tea before looking to Jun.

"I have to go on a mission and I can't take my team with me. Could you take the three of them? It would take about a week. Maybe a few days more or less.", without thinking Jun nodded with a smirk and now took a sip of her tea as well.

"Sure. I'm looking forward to seeing the three of them again. Since they graduated from the academy, I've barely had time to train with them."

"This isn't just about training. On Monday, a small mission begins. Actually, I was supposed to go with them to Nagaoka in the Land of Sounds. But Jun...", Asuma paused a little and Jun looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You have to pay attention. There are rumors that Orochimaru conquered the country and even convinced its Daimyo to let him establish his own Ninja Village. We, or rather now you and Team 10 have to be careful. The formation Ino-Shika-Cho is not perfect yet. You are strong and especially Shikamaru is indispensable, if he is not annoyed by the mission again. You need to kick his ass and the other two's too.", Jun listened to this and took another sip before slowly nodding.

"What's the mission?", she asked now, grabbing a pad and pen to write everything down so she could come up with tactics later.

"We need to pick up some scrolls that belong to the Hokage. The Hokage also said that it might be a trap, or it might not. That's why the mission is tricky.", Jun wrote everything down and put the pad and pen back on the table.

"Then why are they sending a team of Genin there if they know it could be a trap?", Jun asked and Asuma let out a soft sigh.

"Well...right now there aren't many that are free. After all, the Chunin exams are soon and everyone is involved somehow."

"Don't worry about it and trust me. We'll figure it out okay? Nothing will happen to the three of them and nothing will happen to me. I know how good the three of them are and especially Shikamaru can if he wants to. It'll be fine," and despite her words, Jun could see how worried Asuma was at that moment and she knew that the mission wouldn't be easy.

Jun would not be dissuaded or rattled by this and so the two chatted for a bit before Asuma said goodbye and Jun promised him that she would wait for the three of them tomorrow at the training field to train with them a bit.