𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
TEAM 7
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

Just a few minutes later, the challenge could finally began. Jun put her book away now, because she knew that this would be a fight that could end quite interesting. Besides, she had trained the students at the academy from time to time when she didn't have a mission and so, she was curious how the three would do.

Of course, Naruto attacked first, especially before Kakashi could give the signal. It was to be expected that he wouldn't be able to fight him like that and she had the feeling that everything she had taught Naruto had fizzled out in one fell swoop.

However, her eyes quickly moved from Naruto to Kakashi, who now pulled out his book and began to read. She admired him so much for his skills. Even though he seemed engrossed in his book, he could still fend off any attack.

Which wasn't particularly hard with Naruto, but the way he moved was a sight she didn't want to forget. She activated her Sharingan and caught his every move, while she was amazed when Naruto suddenly sent his Shadow Clones at him and attacked.

"LOOK OUT KAKASHI! HE GOT YOU!", Jun shouted laughing and she was really impressed, but it didn't work either and so his attack was also in vain, because it only led to Naruto's clones starting to fight with each other.

Time was running out and all three had absolutely no chance against Kakashi. It was in vain and even though Sakura and Sasuke were not quite as clumsy as Naruto, they too had no chance and in the end it was Naruto who was tied to the middle tree trunk.

Jun looked down at him with a grin and tousled through his hair as she read in her book as Kakashi explained to them what the real point in this test had been.

Teamwork.
Even children and budding Shinobi needed to understand this word. A mission is always about working as a team and not as an individual. Jun had to learn this too, being sent on missions over and over again to get a feeling for what it feels like to be responsible for the lives of your comrades. She watched Kakashi as he walked to a large stone with quite a few names engraved on it and she swallowed a little, because she too knew the story behind that stone all too well.

"Every mission is a life risking assignment. Look at this. The many names engraved in this stone. These are all Ninjas, who are called Heroes in the Village."

"That that! I like thaaat! I've decided now to get my name engraved there too.", Naruto said excitedly and immediately Jun hit his head with her fist and jumped right in front of him.

"Shut up and stop shooting your words out of your mouth unfiltered! Listen for a moment!", she said sternly and Naruto went directly silent before she walked over to the stone herself and standing next to Kakashi before kneeling in front of it, folding her hands in front of her and closing her eyes.

"But they're not just ordinary Heroes. They're Heroes who were killed in action. This is a memorial. The names of my friends are also engraved here.", Kakashi continued and after Jun said her prayer and apologized for Naruto's behavior, she slowly stood up and placed a hand on Kakashi's shoulder to signal that he was not alone.

For a moment it was completely silent. She had heard a lot from Kakashi. It was over a year after he had revealed to her what losses he had already suffered in his life and how many people he had to carry to the grave. It was remarkable that this man, broken as he was, got up every day and risked his life for his comrades.

The pain he had to go through was nothing Jun could comprehend. He had lost his best friends, his father and his Sensei. So many people died and she could understand why he was so cold and distant to everyone sometimes.

"I'll give you guys one more chance! However, after noon it'll be a harsher battle to take the bell. Those who want to take on the challenge, can eat lunch. But don't let Naruto have any. It's the punishment for breaking the rules and attempting to eat lunch on his own. If someone let's him eat...that person will be disqualified on the spot. I make the rules here. Got it?", his voice was dark and menacing and Jun felt a lightning bolt go through her body and she became a tiny bit uneasy.

"We're leaving, Jun.", Kakashi said and both of them disappeared, but they hid in a nearby tree to watch the scenario.

"Do you think they'll make it?", she now murmured and Kakashi now took out his book again before shrugging his shoulders.

"If not, they really don't deserve to be Genin.", he said tersely and Jun watched the whole scenario.

As expected, Sakura and Sasuke started eating while Naruto was still tied down. But instead of giving him something to eat, they kept eating and seemed to ignore him. It was hopeless. They wouldn't pass this test. Even not after what Kakashi had explained to them.
But then it happened and Jun widened her eyes in shock.

"Kakashi!", she muttered, tugging at his pant leg because he needed to see this.

"Oh what...", he said with a grin as he watched Sasuke offer Naruto his food, even if it was completely against the rules.

"Seems like he gets it.", he whispered now and the two continued to watch them.

"This can't be...", Jun muttered in shock as now Sakura also offered Naruto her food and as she looked to Kakashi, he seemed proud that his new students understood what this exam was about.

"YOU THREE!", with a loud bang Kakashi now appeared in front of them and at his serious expression Jun almost had to laugh while still sitting up in the tree.

"You defied the rules so that means you know what's coming.", Kakashi made some hand signs and the sky darkened and it seemed like a storm was coming.

"Kakashi...", she only said before appearing next to him and crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Do you have something to say?", he asked the three, who looked at him in fear.

"Y-You said...Sensei...these guys...", but that was all Naruto could bring out and Jun found it harder and harder to hold back her laughter.

"We're a three man squad, right?", Sasuke now said and Sakura jumped up, which probably took more out of her than feeding Naruto.

"That's right, Sensei. The three of us are one.", Kakashi walked up to the three of them at these words and had the most annoyed look on his face she had seen to date.

"The three of you are one, eh...YOU PASS!", and now Jun couldn't hold back anymore and nearly collapsed from laughing.

"We passed? Why?", Sakura asked a little scared, not knowing if she heard that right or not.

"You guys are the first. Up until now, it was always just dunces who would meekly listen to what I said. A Ninja must see through deception. In the world of Ninjas...", he began to speak before Jun stepped to his side and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"...Those who break the rules and codes are branded as garbage. But those who don't cherish their friends and comrades are worse than that.", she finished his sentence and crossed her arms in front of her chest again, smiling as she felt Kakashi's gaze, giving her goosebumps all over her body.

"She's right. Group Seven starts their mission tomorrow.", he only meant and Kakashi himself felt his heart beating faster and in that moment he was happy, happier than he had been in a long time, because this little kids passed his test.

But the most important thing was that he now had a team of Genin he could be proud of, because even if they had broken his rule, they thought of the comrade who couldn't fight without their help and that made Jun incredibly happy too.