𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟖

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
GUILT
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

The days went by when Jun just sat by his bed and one could almost think that she was a statue. It was rare that she moved from her place to do anything for herself and no matter who came to visit and told her that it was okay to take some time off, she couldn't and wouldn't leave his side.

Seeing him in the state she herself was in some time ago was something she could hardly bear. She wanted to help him so much or undo what Itachi had made him see, but her last hope laid with Naruto and that he would find Tsunade.

But how long could Kakashi stay in this state without suffering permanent damage? When Jun thought that he could be plagued by more nightmares, tears immediately gathered in her eyes.

He had already been through enough in his young life and there was no need to add something like that to it. She didn't want him to suffer any more than he already did and when she thought that she probably could have prevented it, the guilt burned inside her again.

However, that guilt didn't help either. At least Kakashi wouldn't wake up from it again and so, Jun tried to bury the feeling inside her and not let it surface again for now. At least not until he would wake up again.

Jun heard footsteps in the hallway and as those footsteps grew louder, she squinted at the door and was relieved to see that it was Kurenai who now came into the bedroom, sat down on a chair next to her and gently put her hand on her shoulder.

"You can go take a shower if you want. I'll stay with him until then and keep an eye on him.", at first Jun wanted to shake her head because letting Kakashi out of her sight for even a second was something she couldn't imagine.

But Jun also knew that she couldn't sit here all the time without a proper shower and a proper meal and so she just nodded to Kurenai and then left the bedroom after giving him a kiss on the cheek.

As she stood under the warm shower, her muscles relaxed a little and for a brief moment she closed her eyes and let the warm water glide over her face as she thought about how long it would be before Naruto came back to the village.

She would have loved to go with him and help him look for Tsunade, but she had to stay by Kakashi's side because she couldn't risk anything happening to him again if she wasn't there.

But she knew she couldn't forget herself because he wouldn't want that either and so she was grateful every time Kurenai or Asuma came over so she could at least hop in the shower.

After she was done, she went downstairs to the kitchen to make herself some coffee and get a bottle of water from the fridge before going back upstairs and sitting down in her usual spot.

"Any word from Naruto or Jiraya-Sama yet?", she whispered softly, carefully taking a sip of her coffee as her gaze continued to rest on Kakashi.

"No, not yet. Guy came back today and had Sasuke with him. He seemed to be badly injured and in the same condition as Kakashi.", Jun immediately turned her head to Kurenai and her eyes widened a bit.

"What do you mean?", she asked but actually she could already guess the answer.

"From what Guy said, Jiraya-Sama and Naruto ran into Itachi and another guy. Sasuke tried to kill him but was wounded himself."

Jun felt a chill run down her spine when she heard Kurenai's words. She had already thought that Sasuke was on his way to find Itachi and take his revenge on him.

However, she hadn't thought that he would hurt his little brother so tremendously. What he had done to her and Kakashi, she could still understand to some extent, but Sasuke was his brother.